Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

I would like help with a homework, similar to the following:

I would like help...

I would like help with a homework

Tutor's Assistant: The Math Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.

Similar to the following: https://www.justanswer.com/math-homework/9kshv-company-a-an-electronic-retail-chain-wishes-minimize-its.html

Tutor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Math Tutor should know?

Yes, I would like to make sure it's checked for plagarism I have a spreadsheet and will need to show work

9/10/2017
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Hi,Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you. Please post the problem details at your convenience.Thanks,Ryan
My solution is like the following:
following:https://www.justanswer.com/math-homework/9kshv-company-a-an-electronic-retail-chain-wishes-minimize-its.html
I have an excel spreadsheet to work with
Company A
An electronic retail chain wishes to minimize its ordering costs for a particularly popular model of laptop computer. This retail chain has a line of credit to finance its inventory and the current interest rate is 1.5%. The chain estimates it can sell 30,000 units per year and it pays $575 per unit. It costs $48 to place each order. How many units should it order each time? You should round your answer up to the nearest laptop unit. You must show your work.
Company B
A manufacturer of laptop computers operates a plant with an annual capacity of 6,630,000 laptop units. One of its models is expected to sell 390,000 units in the coming year. How large should each product lot be if it costs $575 to change production from one model to another. Assume that the manufacturer values each laptop unit at $280 and it has a holding interest rate of 2%. You should round your answer up to the nearest laptop unit. You must show your work.

I'm sorry about the delay in replying, I had some computer issues that prevented me from getting your message.

You mentioned that you have an Excel spreadsheet for this. Can you attach a copy of that spreadsheet so I can see the format that you are supposed to follow?

Thanks,

Ryan

Notes...To work part B step by step to get the order of operations right rather than trying to work it all at once find:
• D/P (if both given in same time frame - annual, etc)
• 1-D/P
• Ch (from rate * unit price)
• Denominator which would be Ch*(1-D/P)
• Numerator which would be 2*D*Cs
• Numerator/Denominator
• Sqrt(Numerator/Denominator)
• Roundup(Sqrt(Numerator/Denominator))

Hi again,

Please see the attached Excel file for the worked out solution:

OrderQuantity

You can copy and paste the information from this Excel file into the provided template.

Please feel free to ask if you have any additional questions about these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello Ryan,Thank you for your response . I apologize for the delay. I still need to show work , outlining how I arrive to the calculations.

Ok, I'll see what I can add to it. Excel is kind of a horrible platform for "showing work", but I'll do what I can.

Okay.thanks! You can type out your steps in the cells or you can use a word document and attach or take a screen image and put in the file.
There are 2 other parts to this course. Would you like me to send separately or attach as a document?

How about if I send a Word document that shows the work then?

Hi again,

Please take a look at the Word document at the following link and let me know if that meets your needs for this project.

Quantities

Regarding the other parts for your course, you should post those in a new question since they are a separate assignment. If I was unable to help with those for any reason, having them posted here in this thread would make it more difficult for you to get help from another expert.

If there is anything else that I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Ryan

okay..thank you so much!

You're quite welcome.

I looked at the other assignment. Yes, I can help you with that one.

Please be sure to rate the service that you received for the original task, and open a new question page for this new task. When you open the new page, be sure to put "For Ryan Only" at the beginning so that your request will be clear. Feel free to ignore responses from anybody who fails to honor your request, if you so choose.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan
Ryan, Engineer

Hi again,

Try this version:

Quantities2

Thanks,

Ryan

I will. The excel has a 75% match as well.

Not sure we can do much about that. You were given fairly direct instructions about breaking down the calculation into steps. I would expect that pretty much the entire class will have similar looking Excel sheets.

Okay. Just want to make sure. I submitted a work solution before in excel for this same class and they rejected it due to matching similarities.
Did you get the file for the other solutions. I submitted a request on Sunday for that portion

You might change the wording of some of the labels for the quantities in the Excel sheet.

No, I didn't receive any files for that. How did you send them?

Okay...thanks
I've attached another copy.Thanks!

Ok, got it. I'll post the response in the other thread.

Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Engineer