linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Can i get answers to these questions, I saw some multiple

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: can i get answers to these questions
JA: The tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell us more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: I saw some multiple questions on your website and I will like to request answers to the multiple questions
JA: Is there anything else the tutor should be aware of?
Customer: no all i need is the answer to the multiple questions
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 8 months ago.

Please provide details, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The relationship among the board of directors, top management, and shareholders is
referred to as:A. synergy.
B. management.
C. corporate governance.
D. strategy.Answer: __________2. The requirements of a board of directors vary significantly by country and by state. However, there is a developing consensus as to what a board’s major responsibilities should be. __________ is NOT one of those responsibilities.A. Reviewing and approving the use of resources
B. Setting overall corporate strategy, direction, and vision
C. Controlling, monitoring, or supervising top management
D. Becoming directly involved in managerial decisions
E. Hiring and firing the CEO and top managementAnswer: __________3. In a TOWS Matrix, SO strategies:A. result from a company using its strengths to take advantage of market opportunities.
B. attempt to take advantage of opportunities by overcoming weaknesses.
C. are basically defensive and primarily act to minimize weaknesses and avoid threats.
D. consider a unit’s strengths as a way to avoid threats.Answer: __________4. Joint ventures are usually more successful when:A. both partners have equal ownership and are mutually dependent on each other for results.
B. the parties involved have complimentary technologies that reduce development costs and
product delivery to market.
C. the risk involved is reduced, technologies compliment each other, and corporate cultures
are relatively the same.
D. partners reduce financial risk and obtain additional technological or manufacturing
capabilities as a result.Answer: __________5. When the pressure for local responsiveness is strong and the pressure for coordination is weak for multinational corporations in an industry, the industry will be:A. global.
B. consolidated.
C. multidomestic.
D. risky.Answer: __________6. Matt almost has enough money to buy a motorcycle. After studying all of the literature on Yamaha, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki brands, he realizes there are many differences. He decides that the most important feature is the gas mileage since gas has become so expensive these days. After looking at his options, Matt buys a Yamaha because it gets the best gas mileage. In making his choice, Matt has adopted the __________ heuristic model of consumer buying behavior.A. conjunctive
B. elimination-by-aspects
C. expectancy-value
D. lexicographicAnswer: __________7. ***** ***** was using a(n) __________ attack strategy when it introduced Huggies and grabbed a large portion of P&G’s disposable diaper market share. Huggies was a much better-fitting diaper than P&G’s Pampers.A. flank
B. encirclement
C. frontal
D. guerrilla
E. innovativeAnswer: __________8. When Cameron buys a jacket from www.landsend.com, the transaction occurs in the __________ domain.A. C-to-C
B. C-to-B
C. B-to-B
D. B-to-CAnswer: __________9. Peterson Research uncovered the following facts in a recent survey of women: the majority of women do some physical exercise, value the family, attend a religious service regularly, engage in social drinking, hold mostly conservative attitudes, and eat out with the family at least once a week. Peterson Research has just conducted a(n) __________ analysis.A. demographic
B. lifestyle
C. attitudinal
D. psychological
E. brand personalityAnswer: __________10. Jill Miller loves to collect ads and stories from her fashion magazines to share with her closest friends at school. Often Jill’s group is among the first in her school to recognize new fashion trends. The “Sisters,” as Jill likes to call her friends, then influence other young females with their teen fashion information, comparisons, and guidance. Which one of the following terms would best describe Jill and the “Sisters?”A. Reference group
B. Aspirational group
C. Subculture
D. Lifestyle cluster
E. Social unitAnswer: __________11. The following information pertains to the South Division of Constantine Co: sales $18,000; variable cost of merchandise sold $7,200; variable operation expenses $2,700; fixed cost controllable by segment manager $2,400; fixed cost controllable by others $1,000; unallocated costs $600. The segment margin controllable by the segment manager is:A. $4,100.
B. $4,700.
C. $8,100.
D. $5,700.Answer: __________12. A one-time-only special sales-order decision:A. has no role in segregating special and regular customers.
B. must involve unused plant capacity in order to avoid lost profits on regularly priced
items.
C. allows a company to sell products at prices which only cover fixed costs.
D. involves selling products at a percentage over retail price due to the short time period
involved.Answer: __________13. Fastener Box Company currently produce
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
13. Fastener Box Company currently produces cardboard boxes in an automated process. Expected production per month is 40,000 units. The required direct materials cost $0.30 per unit. Manufacturing fixed overhead cost is $24,000 per month and is allocated based on units of production. What is the flexible budget for 40,000 and 20,000 units respectively?A. $26,000; $20,000
B. $36,000; $30,000
C. $40,000; $34,000
D. $44,000; $38,000Answer: __________14. The change from traditional costing to activity-based costing may reveal that:A. high volume products are overcosted.
B. low volume products are overcosted.
C. both high and low volume products are overcosted.
D. both high and low volume products are undercosted.Answer: __________15. Uncontrollable costs:A. are influenced by a manager's decisions and actions.
B. provide evidence about a manager's performance.
C. are also referred to as opportunity costs.
D. should be ignored in evaluating the responsibility center manager's performance.Answer: __________16. Despite the many advantages of empowering workers, by embracing empowerment an organization CANNOT:A. give leaders more time to work on the big picture.
B. increase the total amount of power in that organization.
C. succeed when workers lack critical information about that organization.
D. give workers opportunities to exhibit previous untapped talents.Answer: __________17. Promoting diversity makes sense because:A. it’s the best way to balance the fact that white male workers still dominate the U.S.
workforce.
B. diverse employees can build better relationships with customers, among many other
reasons.
C. a diverse group tends to reach agreement on decisions more quickly than a homogenous
group.
D. workers from other nations need to get in step with how we do things in the U.S.Answer: __________18. Servant leadership can best be described as the belief that:A. leaders must distinguish right from wrong, then do right.
B. employee participation should be increased through the use of teams.
C. a leader’s self-interest should be replaced by learning from others, helping others, and
encouraging others in the organization.
D. decision-making should be delegated to the lowest levels of an organization.
E. power, purpose, and privilege reside with those at the top of an organization.Answer: __________19. A(n) ______ leader defines and uses signals and symbols to influence corporate culture.A. inspirational
B. transactional
C. transformational
D. cultural
E. values-basedAnswer: __________20. Idealism about future outcomes achieved through an organization’s people is often reflected in the broadly stated __________ created by the organization’s leaders.A. strategic plan
B. mission statement
C. employment contract
D. architecture for alignment and implementation
E. vision statementAnswer: __________
B. $36,000; $30,000
C. $40,000; $34,000
B. low volume products are overcosted.
workforce.
reasons.
group.
D. workers from other nations need to get in step with how we do things in the U.S.Answer: __________
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
17. Promoting diversity makes sense because:A. it’s the best way to balance the fact that white male workers still dominate the U.S.
workforce.
reasons.
group.
encouraging others in the organization.
B. transactional
C. transformational
D. cultural
B. mission statement
C. employment contract
E. vision statementAnswer: __________
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is There Room for Ryan Air?As a professional consultant in the transportation marketing field, you have faced several career challenges in the past few years, especially challenges related to air transportation. The industry has increasingly struggled with escalating costs (fuel and employee benefits like pensions and health care), changing behavior among travelers, and increasing competition. You are aware that while some airlines are profitable, others operate under bankruptcy protection. Several have sought to limit their support for pension programs and to reduce labor costs. In addition, buyer behavior among travelers is a key variable with many travelers using the Internet to compare prices. With access to this online information, the pricing strategy of airlines is transparent to consumers. Further, with added concerns over security and the hassles of traveling in the age of terrorism, many consumers opt for other forms of transportation when possible.Despite these industry trends, you have watched as new competitors have entered the marketplace over the last few years. While brands like Jet Blue have established a desirable brand image, they also tend to rely on outsourcing of key functions like mechanical servicing of equipment.Now, Ryan Air, a low-price airline based in the United Kingdom, is considering whether to enter the U.S. market. Because you are an expert in transportation marketing, Ryan Air has asked that you prepare an assessment on its chances for success in the U.S. given the state of the industry and consumer behavior relative to airline travel. Your assessment and recommendations will determine what Ryan Air decides to do regarding entrance into the U.S. market. As such, you begin to make notes of what information and analyses you will need in order to make your recommendations. You decide that you must analyze the airline industry using the Porter’s Five Forces Model paying particular attention to the success of Southwest and Jet Blue, as this will give a context for your recommendation. You know that you must first explain the value of using Porter’s Model, as well as educating your audience about each specific step. Additionally, since consumer behavior has changed in recent years both in terms of when air travel is considered as an alternative for transportation needs and how travel decisions are informed and evaluated, you decide that you must be sure that Ryan Air understands the steps in the consumer decision-making model as they relate to decisions about transportation via air. This is important so that they will have a clear understanding of the implications of each of the five steps in this model for Ryan Air’s decision.NOTE: Specific supporting information is available from many secondary research sources, including the following.1. Company Web sites and literature2. Industry trade show observations and contacts3. Online databases, including ProQuest, DIALOG, Lexis-Nexis, EBSCO, First Source, PROMPT, Trade & Industry, and Investext4. Hoover’s5. Dow Jones/Factiva
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great Expectations
You are the director of nursing at Blythe County Hospital. You love your job and the responsibilities that go with it, but it is not always easy being in charge. Some things are not under your direct control but are mandated by regulations and the hospital administration. Nevertheless, where you do have decision-making power, you work hard to do the best for your nurses, nursing techs, and others under your supervision.You depend greatly on your charge nurses, Richard, Laura, and Sarah, all three of whom are experienced and level-headed. Richard is a former military nurse and is a great organizer; he makes sure that the nurses, techs, and orderlies follow the regulations. Everyone loves Laura; she is almost like a great aunt or grandmother to new staff coming in, doctors and nurses alike. She is an encourager, and people want to please her. Sarah is younger than the other two, but her health care knowledge, techniques, and professionalism make up for any experience she lacks.There are several other good RNs on the staff and some very diligent LPNs as well. One of these, Jessie, is a single mom who lives at home with her parents. She is hardworking and compassionate with the patients, and she would like to advance in the nursing field. You can see a lot of potential for her, but her education level prohibits her from going further. Lately you have been directing several temporary nurses as well.One of your greatest challenges right now is this: You have been experiencing a great deal of turnover on your staff. Many of the reasons for this are beyond your control, but you want to do everything you can to make the situation better for the staff nurses who look to you for leadership. Morale is low because the remaining nurses have to work longer hours, and temporary nurses are being contracted through agencies to supplement the staff nurses (often at higher rates than “employed” or staff nurses, which, the employed nurses, of course, know). You have met with Richard, Laura, and Sarah and have asked them to support you as you try some strategies to resolve the problems, and they have agreed to do all that is possible to assist you.You decide to begin by tackling the problem of morale. You describe the situation to the staff psychologist, and he suggests that you research and apply a motivational model called the expectancy theory to boost the morale of the nursing staff. You return to your office to begin researching and addressing this theory.Describe, in general, how the expectancy theory motivates behavior. Then, apply the expectancy theory specifically to the nursing morale issues at the hospital, i.e., describe the rationale for using the theory at the hospital and the specific techniques you would use to motivate the nurses that are consistent with the expectancy theory. Additionally, describe at least one (1) specific example where you might apply this theory to a staff member at Blythe County Hospital.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 8 months ago.

Sorry unable to do all of them I am only good with accounting and finance related questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
then what am i paying for?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 8 months ago.

I am opting out there are other experts who may help you, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when am I getting the help I paid for
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I can help you. This is a lot of work though. I will make you an additional offer on top of what you are paying.

Kindest regards,

Donna

P.S. When you accept the offer I will proceed.

Please also let me know the deadline for your assignment.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have already paid $56, i cannot add extra money

Dear Customer,

OK. I'm agreed to answer your questions if I can have until Tuesday to complete them. Are we agreed?

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No. I am taking this exam online right now. You can go ahead and supply me answers to the questions you can answer right now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
otherwise, I will appreciate someone who can help right now.Thanks

Dear Customer,

I am busy now, but I can choose to prioritize your work if you accept my offer for this rush assignments. Rush assignments do not ever tend to be done to perfection so I require monetary compensation in order to focus and to do my very best, ***** ***** as to push aside my other deadlines for you in order to prioritize your work as number #1. I will make you an offer right now that will facilitate that. Once you accept, I will start on it right now.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry i cannot pay that.thanks

Dear Customer,

That is OK. I will opt out so that another expert will help you. I'm not good at rushed assignments and really require the financial compensation to make it good.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
U can go ahead and do the ones u can do right now based on the amount I paid. I will figure the rest myself.

Dear Customer,

Do you still require help with these questions? I can help you if you do.

Kindest regards,

Donna

P.S. When is your deadline?