Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

Need Help with the ethics game, The ethics game worksheet,

Customer Question
Need Help with the ethics...
Need Help with the ethics game
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell us more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: The ethics game worksheet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: Need it in a few hours?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have been hearing rumors about some of the computer techs coming into to work "high" and you have also heard that some wild parties are occurring on weekends. The Handbook prohibits use of illegal drugs and permits use of alcohol in moderation as long as the effectiveness of the employee is not compromised. You are seriously considering implementing a drug testing program to see whether the rumors are true. You know you have to pay attention to the basic "rights" of the employees, but you also think that you have the right to assure a drug free workplace. In looking at the mix of your community, about 30% of the employees are considered "exempt," professional staff; about 70% are non-exempt, technical staff.After a bit of investigation, you discover that the cost of drug and alcohol testing is $65.00 per event with about a 75% accuracy. To get the more sophisticated testing, the cost is $110.00 per test with about a 90% accuracy.Please complete each section of this worksheet. Some people find that writing the answers out on another page and then "cutting and pasting" them into the worksheet lets you think through the problem better.If you only have time to do part of this worksheet, click the "save work" button at the bottom of this page. At any later time, you can then return to this worksheet and continue.Be Reasonable: Explore the Options1.Basic Liberties
Choose three options to analyze. You will analyze multiple options to help ensure that you choose a reasonable option to implement.After brainstorming with the leadership team, you have identified four options:1.Implement a program of drug testing as a requirement of employment. No testing after initial hire.2.Implement a program of random drug testing of all employees, exempt and non-exempt.3.Implement a series of educational meetings which review all policies and remind all employees of the company's policy. Have drug testing for those who show up at work who appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.4.Implement a program of random drug testing of the non-exempt, technical staff, which is the population where the problem seems to be located.1. In this step, identify the basic liberties to which each constituent is entitled. Compare the options and discuss which option (assuming a clean process) best meets the basic liberties requirement. Discuss why the other options do not meet the requirement for the basic liberties as well.2.Just SavingsNow -- how well does each option meet the requirements of the just savings principle, assuring that resources are available for next generations. Which option best meets this requirement. Discuss why the other options do not meet the requirement of the just savings principle as well.3.Equal Opportunity for SuccessNext, consider how well each option assures that social and economic inequalities are arranged so that all constituents have an equal opportunity for success. Which option best meets this requirement. Discuss why the other options do not meet the requirement of equal opportunity for success as well.4.Reflective EquilibriumNow, using the tool of reflective equilibrium, which option gives the best advantage to the least advantage without unduly burdening those who are the most advantaged. Which option best meets this requirement. Discuss why the other options do not maintain reflective equilibrium as well.
6/28/2016
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 1 year ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree