Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

Sammy decided she was ready to sell her classic sports car.

Customer Question
Sammy decided she was...

Sammy decided she was ready to sell her classic sports car. On May 1 and in the following order, she telephoned Bob, Carl, Dan, and Edna, each of whom had earlier expressed interest in buying the car. She was unable to make actual contact with any of them, so she left the following message on each one’s telephone answering machine: “I’m ready to sell my car, which I know you’ve expressed interest in. The price is $10,000. My offer is good until the end of today, May 1. If you’re still interested, call me back by the end of today so I’ll know for sure.” Bob, Carl, and Dan each called back at a time when Sammy was out running errands. They each left a message on Sammy’s telephone answering machine. Bob’s message said, “The price is pretty high, so I’ll have to think about it.” Carl’s message said, “I think the price is too high, but I’d be willing to pay you $9,000.” Dan’s message said, “OK, I’ll pay your price but only if you’ll let me take the car to my mechanic so he can check it out first.” Edna, rather than call Sammy back, mailed Sammy a letter on May 1 stating, “I got your message, and I accept your offer and will pay $10,000.” On May 2, Sammy died. Doug was appointed as executor for Sammy’s estate, and as such had all powers to deal with the estate property. Bob, Carl, Dan, and Edna each said to Doug, “I accepted Sammy’s offer on May 1, and, in any event, I will buy the car as is and for Sammy’s asking price.” Doug tells them each that their so-called acceptances were not valid and that their power of acceptance has already terminated. Is Doug correct? Explain fully in an IRAC outline answer.Instructions: Please write the following Hypothetical in an IRAC format within one (1) hour.

Tutor's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thanks

Tutor's Assistant: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else the Tutor should be aware of?

I need the answer by tonight

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
I can't still get access to the answer
Answered in 1 day by:
3/8/2016
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.

**********

What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Greg

Let me know if you have any questions.

Just wanted to see if you have any further followup. Please be sure to rate my response as that is the only way I receive any credit for my help on the question.

Have a great weekend.