Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

Please create a Data Flow Diagram Catering and the

Customer Question
Please create a Data Flow...

Please create a Data Flow Diagram for Cori Catering and the University Bookstore in part A and B of problem 6.

A. Cori’s Catering Services. Cori is the owner and manager of a catering company. CCS provides complete meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), as well as an assortment of hot and cold appetizers and drinks, for groups of 12 to 500. CCS receives orders in three main ways: e-mail, telephone, and personal office consultation. In some cases, the customer has an idea of what he/she wants; in others, the customer relies on Cori’s expertise to select appropriate items. For each catering job, Cori prepares an estimate for the client; she files one copy of the estimate and sends the other to the client for approval. The client may make changes to the estimate over the phone, via e-mail, or through a personal consultation. Once the estimate has been finalized, Cori prepares a catering contract for the client’s signature. She requires a 50 percent deposit with the signed contract; the remaining catering fees can be paid within 30 days of the catering event. Cori accepts cash and checks; she does not accept credit cards. The client signs the contract and sends it back to Cori. Cori also signs it, files a copy for her own records, and sends a copy with both signatures back to the client. Cori and her staff deliver the catering order as scheduled, and she bills the client for any remaining fees. The client pays the invoice within 30 days and Cori deposits the funds in her bank account.

B. University Bookstore. Ordering textbooks in a university bookstore is a massive undertaking that requires good organizational, communication, and coordination skills. The process begins with faculty deciding which textbooks they want to use. Professors communicate relevant information about the textbook (title, author, ISBN, edition, publisher, copyright date) to a department chair or secretary, who consolidates all the orders. That communication may take place with a paper form or an e-mail. In either case, the departmental representative prepares a standard university book requisition form in triplicate: one copy for the requesting faculty member, one for the department, and one for the bookstore. The bookstore receives and consolidates requisition forms from all across the university and prepares purchase orders for textbook publishers. Each purchase order has three copies: one for the publisher, one for the purchasing department, and one for the accounting department. When the publisher sends the books, the bookstore’s receiving department prepares two copies of a receiving report; one is filed to indicate that the goods were received, while the second is forwarded to the accounting department. The publisher sends a billing statement (invoice) directly to the accounting department. Once all three documents have been matched and verified, the accounting department writes a check or sends an electronic funds transfer to the publisher. The bookstore staff then sort the books based on class and stock the shelves, where the books await purchase by students.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
3/2/2016
Business Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 2 years ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Welcome

Hope you are doing well.

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com or http://ge.tt and post download link here.

What is the deadline?

Relist: Answer quality.
I realized I get the answer cheaper elsewhere.

What is the deadline?

linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree