Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

My name is ***** *****. Here is what I need help with. A…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. Here is what I need help with. A department store plans to upgrade its IT infrastructure to support a new order-processing application with rich features. The store currently uses eight stand-alone computers when customers check out. The specifications of these computers are:•Quad core processors•Minimum of one terabyte hard drives•Minimum of 5 GB RAM•Windows XP, Linux, or Mac OSXThe management of the store wants to upgrade four of the computers and use them to process client orders. The initial study done by the management reveals that the computers will perform the following tasks:•Run an order-processing application that requires a multiprocessing operating system. The application will take orders from customers over the Internet, process the orders, and create invoices.•Communicate with customers using e-mail to resolve customer queries.•Store customer data on the local computer. The store will use this data to promote new products.The department store needs you to upgrade the four computers. Find the necessary equipment from online vendors to upgrade the computers. By Tuesday, January 26, 2016, submit a listing of what features need to be upgraded or added and your justification, an estimated cost report for the upgrades as well as a list of hardware/software needed. These can include external peripheral devices. Make sure to include the list of vendors that you used as references.

Tutor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just did

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
Any luck with this.
1/26/2016
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

This is all I have. Can you help.A department store plans to upgrade its IT infrastructure to support a new order-processing application with rich features. The store currently uses eight stand-alone computers when customers check out. The specifications of thesecomputers are:•Quad core processors•Minimum of one terabyte hard drives•Minimum of 5 GB RAM•Windows XP, Linux, or Mac OSXThe management of the store wants to upgrade four of the computers and use them to process client orders. The initial study done by the management reveals that the computers will perform the following tasks:•Run an order-processing application that requires a multiprocessing operating system. The application will take orders from customers over the Internet, process the orders, and create invoices.•Communicate with customers using e-mail to resolve customer queries.•Store customer data on the local computer. The store will use this data to promote new products.The department store needs you to upgrade the four computers. Find the necessary equipment from online vendors to upgrade the computers. By Tuesday, January 26, 2016, submit a listing of what features need to be upgraded or added and your justification, an estimated cost report for the upgrades as well as a list of hardware/software needed. These can include external peripheral devices. Make sure to include the list of vendors that you used as references.
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree