Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

Paper, you will construct a cybersecurity risk profile

Customer Question
For this paper, you will...
For this paper, you will construct a cybersecurity risk profile for the company that you wrote about in Part 1 of the Corporate Profile project. Your risk profile, which includes an Executive Summary, Risk Register, and Risk Mitigation Recommendations (Approach & Security Controls by family), will be developed from information provided by the company in its Form 10-K filing (Annual Report to Investors) retrieved from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Edgar database. You will also need to do additional research to identify security controls, products, and services which could be included in the company’s risk response (actions it will take to manage cybersecurity related risk). the company is Oracle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
INTRODUCTION
Software Development Laboratories (SDL) was how Ed Oates, ***** *****, Bob Miner, Larry Ellison named what the world now know as Oracle the leader in database software (Bort, J. 2014). The idea for such company came about while Larry Ellison was scanning the IBM Journal of Research and Development and discovered a research paper that described a working prototype for a relational database management system (RDBMS). Showing it to coworkers Bob Miner and Ed Oates at Ampex, he soon learned that no company had committed to commercializing the technology. The trio realized there was tremendous business potential in the relational database, but they may not have realized that they would change the face of business computing forever. Together they founded the company that would become Oracle and developed the Oracle database, named after the CIA project the trio had worked on at the beginning of their association. Founded in 1977. Oracle from the largest multinational corporations to the corner coffee shop Oracle is the gold standard for database technology and applications in enterprises throughout the world. Some significant events in its history were in 1979 a break though of the first commercial SQL relational database management system was released. In1983 Oracle built on the C programming language, is the first RDBMS to run on mainframes, minicomputers, and PCs giving customers the ability to use the software in almost any enterprise computing environment and went public in 1986 on the NASDAQ exchange (NASDAQ: ORCL). Since then Oracle continue to enjoy a lot of success in the information technology and security arena to date (Defying Conventional Wisdom, 2007).OVERVIEW
The headquarters buildings of Oracle are located in Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, California and USA. With a world wide workforce of more than 122,000 employees, Oracle Corporation provides products and services that address all aspects of corporate information technology (IT) environments application, platform and infrastructure and are available to customers either via cloud computing or on-premises deployment models. Their products include database and middleware software, application software, cloud infrastructure software and hardware systems (Oracle Engineered Systems, servers, storage, networking and industry specific products), along with support and related services specifically (Oracle Corp Form 10-K Annual Report, 2014).
SOFTWARE
• Business applications
• Business intelligence
• Customer experience
• Customer relationship
• Enterprise content
• Financial
• Governance risk & compliance
• Human capital
• Supply chain
• Databases
• Enterprise application integration
• Middleware
SERVICES
• Consulting
• Cloud computing
• Enterprise architecture
• Systems integration
• Education/training
HARDWARE
• Servers (SPARC servers, x86 servers)
• Solaris operating system (hardware-related software)
• Storage & tapeOracles Key personnel constitute four board of directors and eight associates and the Corporate Executives are 4 senior and 56 associates with a global presents in 145 countries. Fostering an inclusive work environment makes Oracle a stronger company and a better place to work. Their focus is on recruiting, hiring, developing, retaining, and advancing the best and the brightest talent around the world.
ORACLE'S WORKFORCE
Minority Employees: 37%
Female Employees: 29%
Minority Managers: 34%
Female Managers: 25%MAJOR COMPETITORS
Oracle's main competitors in the database business are:
▪ Microsoft SQL Server
▪ IBM with DB2 and Informix
▪ Sybase with their Sybase System
▪ CA with Ingres
▪ Software AG with ADABAS and MaxDB
Open source databases (free, but normally way behind their commercial equivalents):
▪ MySQL
▪ PostgreSQL
▪ EnterpriseDB
Oracle's main competitors in the middleware/application servers business are:
▪ IBM WebSphere
▪ BEA WebLogic (until January 2008 when they bought the company)
Oracle's main competitors in the applications business are:
▪ SAP R/3”
(Racle FAQs, 2013).STOCK INFORMATION
Year over year, Oracle Corporation has seen net income shrink from $11.0B USD to $9.9B USD despite relatively flat revenues. A contributing factor has been the increase in percentage of sales devoted to cost of goods sold, SGA expenses and income tax expenses (Financial Statements For Oracle Corp 2015).
Oracle has gradually shifted its positioning in the market to promote the catch-up game it’s playing in the cloud, but software and cloud revenues did not make a ton of progress overall, down 6% and up 2% in constant currency at $8.4 billion. The company showed better growth when just considering its cloud software-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service, which grew 29%, and cloud infrastructure, which grew 25%. Oracle’s legacy hardware business was down 4% at $1.4 billion (Konrad, 2015).
CYBERSECURITY NEEDS
A global corporation like Oracle will need mas
Please Oracle Corporation is the company of focus.
construct a cybersecurity risk profile for Oracle Corporation.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/17/2015
Business Tutor: F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree replied 2 years ago
F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree

Hello

Please mention the deadline and length, thanks

linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree