Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

A manufacturing company is thinking of launching a new

Customer Question

A manufacturing company is thinking of launching a new product. The company expects to sell $950,000 of the new product in the first year and $1,500,000 each year thereafter. Direct costs including labor and materials will be 45% of sales. Indirect incremental
costs are estimated at $95,000 a year. The project requires a new plant that will cost a total of $1,500,000, which will be a depreciated straight line over the next 5 years. The new line will also require an additional net investment in inventory and receivables
in the amount of $200,000. Assume there is no need for additional investment in building the land for the project. The firm's marginal tax rate is 35%, and its cost of capital is 10%. To receive full credit on this assignment, please show all work, including
formulae and calculations used to arrive at financial values. Assignment Guidelines Using the information in the assignment description: Prepare a statement showing the incremental cash flows for this project over an 8-year period. Calculate the payback period
(P/B) and the net present value (NPV) for the project. Answer the following questions based on your P/B and NPV calculations: Do you think the project should be accepted? Why? Assume the company has a P/B (payback) policy of not accepting projects with life
of over 3 years. If the project required additional investment in land and building, how would this affect your decision? Explain.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.

Be sure to rate my response positively, when satisfied, so I receive credit for my help today.

**********

What can you expect now.... It may take several responses back and forth in order to try to provide the resources and support you need on this question. As soon as an expert responds, you are charged for the question value you have places. I am not an employee of this Website but am working for, and paid by, you as the customer when you rate my response as okay, good, or excellent (or 3, 4, or 5 stars depending on the rating system you are provided). Remember that you are rating my professional services and not the Website itself (or issues you have with the site itself). If you are thinking of leaving a lower rating, please be sure to reply back first to see if I am able to assist further with your prompt.

Thanks and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Greg