Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

The term churn is very important to managers in the cellular

Customer Question

The term churn is very important to managers in the cellular phone business. Churning occurs when a customer cancels services with one company and enters into a new contract with another company. Obviously, managers want to minimize churn, not only by offering the best possible service, but also by trying to identify conditions that lead to churning so they can take measures to prevent it from happening.
The file Churn.xlsx contains data on over 2000 customers of a cellular phone company. Each row contains the activity of a particular customer for a given time period, along with whether the customer churned. Use the techniques for data exploration and visualization, along with appropriate features in Excel and StatTools, to address the following questions. Present your results with tables and figures whenever appropriate.
a)(1 point) Visualize and describe the distribution of customer account length.
b)(1 point) Visualize and describe the relationship between customer account length and total monthly charges.
c)(2 points) Summarize the relationships between customer account length and total monthly charges against churn. Does either variable have a noticeable effect?
d)(2 points) Summarize the relationship between the number of customer service calls and churn. Is there a certain number of customer service calls for which churn becomes significantly more likely?
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?