linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Some business questions that I need help with, need to

Customer Question

For Ryan. Some business questions for you that I need help with, need to confirm your availability to review. Thanks.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 years ago.
I'll be happy to take a look at the questions. Please post them at your convenience.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ryan I would like these to be via email, how do I do that option as that will be easier for me. I am also planning on working these Thursday morning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For Ryan. Some business questions for you. Need by Wednesday morning please.1) When the owner of a small business reviews her list of contracts for 2011, she finds that 35% of the contracts were from clients she met at a large conference at the end of 2010. Answer the following questions about this situation….
a. Was this measurement obtained by a sample or census? What words in the description of the situation make you confident that your answer is correct?
b. Should the owner have taken into account some measure of reliability associated with the 35% value?2) A quality control analyst measures the number of hours a patient in a low-risk condition awats for care at the emergency room of a small hospital. The following data are obtained for 20 patients….
2.26 2.01 3.0 1.22 1.92 1.79 0.78 1.89 0.71 1.58
2.02 2.77 2.87 0.51 0.74 1.95 2.76 2.61 3.54 2.95a. Compute the sample mean, sample median, and range of the data
b. Computer the sample standard deviation and sample variance3) If the vertical axis of a graph is unusually tall, how might that misrepresent the data or mislead the viewer?4) A health inspector at a restaurant will enter the kitchen and choose 5 stations to inspect from a predetermined list of 15 stations present in most restaurant kitches.
a. How many different sets of 5 stations exist
b. If all sets are equally likely, what is the probability of each set?
c. If the inspector were instead to randomly select 13 stations to inspect, how many different sets of 13 stations would exists
d. If all sets were equally likely, what is the probability of each set5) Assume that the number of sales per day of an app in the Apple iOS app store is normally distributed
a. What two paramaters of the distribution would you need to be able to determine the probability of sales on a particular day exceeding 100 units
b. If the probability of sales exceeding 100 units is 20% and the mean daily sales is 86 units, then what is the standard deviation of the distribution
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry that I couldn't reply sooner. I'll be happy to help you with these five problems.
It's not clear if you still want to use the email option or not, since you have posted the problems already. I'll send you the Additional Services offer just in case though. If you no longer want to use email, you can simply reject the offer, in which case I can post the solutions here on the page.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ryan,
Can you please close and delete this request. Things somehow got goofed up.
I will open a new request for assistance on different items later. Thanks and my apologies.
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 years ago.
Ok, no problem. I'll send a note to Customer Service to close this one.
Ryan