linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Ase: The Excellent Manufacturing Company & ProductivityNote:

Customer Question

ase: The Excellent Manufacturing Company & Productivity
Note: Click the following link for information on the Excellent Manufacturing Company (EMC). You will find information on (A) EMC—Background Information; (B) Product Brochure; (C) Plasti-Brack Information; (D) Manufacturing Processes; (E) Basic Financial Information about EMC; (F) Organizational Chart; (G) Plant Layout
Scenario
Company E-Mail
FROM: ***** *****
SUBJECT: Annual Productivity Plan
The Plasti-Brack product line is an important part of our business and with your qualifications, I am looking for some good things to happen with these products.
I am announcing the annual productivity plan and goal, which is for EMC to improve productivity this year by 5% overall. I am asking each manager to develop a productivity plan for their areas. This plan is to identify areas of productivity, the productivity measurements, and provide a plan for how the productivity will be accomplished.
I want you to consider using this multi-factor productivity measure: (Total Production of Plasti-Bracks) / (Total Paid Labor Hours). Using the most recent data available, this Productivity Measure is 332.73 pieces produced per paid people hours, for Plasti-Brack. You can review the detailed data to see how I determined this measurement. A 5% increase translates to 349.37 pcs/pd ppl hr.
You can plan on a 3% to 5% increase in demand for the next year.
Here is the data that has been collected and analyzed for the Productivity Index for Plasti-Brack.
Note: There is a lot of non-production time. I am sure we can eliminate some of this and convert it into productive use.
Given this overall productivity measure and the 5% goal, you should consider your next steps. First, do an assessment of the current situation. Then determine other subordinate productivity indices or factors that will be measured in your area of responsibility. What are the main issues and concerns about improving productivity this year? What are some of the possible processes that should be considered for process re-engineering or “lean” analysis? What improvements do you plan on making, and how will they achieve the 5% productivity goal?
Please do this analysis for your area. You should consult with the production managers as necessary. I want a report that provides an assessment of productivity measures and process improvement issues for the Plasti-Brack product line and related production processes. Your report should include the following sections: Review of the Current Situation, Goals & Objectives, Action Plans, and Explanation/Justification.
Since you are new to EMC, your report also should include a process flow diagram of several key Plasti-Brack processes. (See Section C: Plasti-Brack Information, Figure 2.)
I will be looking for your report in the next several weeks. Thank you. ~GG
PS - I know you are new to EMC and you may not be familiar with how we write reports. So I have attached a copy of a blank report template that I would like you to use: Report Template for Case Assignments.
And I also have attached a copy of a report that was done awhile back by Manny Jones. It is a report providing a plan to solve a big problem we were having in the Zinc Die Cast Machine Group. It is not about productivity, so you will need to taylor your report with appropriate content that I am looking for. Manny Jones Sample Report
Case Assignment
Analyze the processes that are used to produce the Plasti-Brack product line. Determine appropriate productivity measures and then develop a productivity & process improvement plan. Justify your plan. Write a report to the VP of Operations.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 years ago.
What should be he length of report and what is your deadline, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The length is 4 to 5 pages and the deadline is 22 July, thanks
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 years ago.
I am sending you the offer so please accept it so the answer will be provided by your deadline.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No...I've paid $48 already. So nevermind about doing this paper