Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

As a team, select four metrics, each from a different

Customer Question
Scenario: West Central Hospital
...

Scenario: West Central Hospital

West Central Hospital is a major teaching hospital that operates intern and residency programs, and is a member of a multihospital health care system. The hospital is located in the suburbs, and its community has new building construction, moderate population growth, and aging and pediatric populations that are increasing.

This hospital has these additional features:

• 410 licensed beds for general acute care, but only 370 operating (staffed) beds

• Annual admissions of about 30,000

• An emergency department with approximately 90,000 annual visits

• A case mix index of about 1.15 

Among the services it provides are:

• Both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative (physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language pathology) services

• Behavioral health services

• A neonatal intensive care unit

• All other ancillary and support services expected of such a hospital

The hospital is currently using a Balanced Scorecard for West Central Hospital. One of West Central Hospital's administrators asks your team to analyze and critique their scorecard and provide them with suggestions. Specific questions are provided below.

for Patient Satisfaction

Identify and define the respective numerator, denominator and rate/ratio. Review and interpret the trended data. What do the data, and their trends, tell you about this particular aspect of the hospital? Suggest a likely type of database or data source for each metric (this can be from internal and/or external sources). Suggest actions that management could take to improve outcomes associated with the metric.

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_www.balancedscorecard.org/BSCResources/AbouttheBalancedScorecard/tabid/55/Default.aspx

Patient Satisfaction

Overall Rating of the Hospital

63.0%

59.0%

60.0%

60.0%

b

Likelihood to Recommend the Hospital

67.0%

71.0%

75.0%

64.0%

b

Communication with Nurses

75.0%

72.0%

71.0%

71.0%

b

Communication with Doctors

80.0%

78.0%

79.0%

78.0%

b

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree