Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

5. John is in the process of buying a new house. He looks on

Customer Question
the Internet for some furnishings...
5. John is in the process of buying a new house. He looks on the Internet for some furnishings he believes he will need for the house. He finds exactly what he is looking for on the shopforit.com website. The website even allows him to finance his purchase;
all he has to do is to complete a short application and accept the terms of the financing by clicking on the “I Accept” button. John is so excited about finding what he is looking for that he quickly fills out the application and, without reading the financing
terms, he clicks on the “I Accept” button. Two weeks later, John is in a store looking for other items for his home and he finds exactly the same thing that he had previously purchased but for less money and with much better financing terms. John e-mails shopforit.com
and tells them he wants to cancel his purchase. Can John cancel his purchase with shopforit.com? Explain. 6. Penny, a senior vice president at Wholesale Foods LLC, sends a contract to Green Foods, Inc., one of its primary suppliers, containing the terms to
purchase a new line of foods from Green. Green receives the contract and signs it but adds to the bottom a provision that any goods received that aren’t acceptable must be rejected and returned to Green within 24 hours of receipt. Green then returns the signed
contract to Penny at Wholesale Foods. Is this additional provision a part of the contract between the parties? umulative Essay Examination 117 7. Elise endorses a negotiable instrument she received for painting work she hasn’t yet performed “to the order of
Karen.” Karen takes the instrument for value, in good faith and without notice of any claims or defenses against it. Karen then endorses it and gives it to John. The instrument isn’t yet overdue. Elise, however, hasn’t yet done the painting, and the original
issuer refuses to pay John. Discuss the rights of the parties. 8. A customer eating at a fast-food restaurant bites into her hamburger and is injured when she swallows a bone over a half an inch long. The customer sues the restaurant. What warranties has the
restaurant potentially violated? Do you think the customer will be successful? Explain. 9. In 2000, Jack and his two adult sons, Jim and Joe, created a corporation, Jack & Sons, Inc, with each as a shareholder and director. During the first year or so they
maintained corporate bank accounts, had the name printed on trucks and stationery and held annual stockholders’ and directors’ meetings. After Jack died, in 2005, Jim and Joe forgot about the corporation and failed to hold meetings or otherwise follow the
corporate formalities. In 2007, Joe, working as an employee of Jack & Sons, Inc., was allegedly negligent in some electrical wiring he performed, which caused a disastrous fire at a local church, in which several people were injured. Can Jim and Joe be personally
held liable to the injured parties or the church? Explain why or why not. 10. If you were beginning a child’s day care center business, which form of business organization would you select? Explain why. 11. John is a corporate officer and director at ABC Cooling,
Inc. John is sitting at the country club one evening after playing golf and tells his friends that he is aware an international cooling and heating company has approached ABC to purchase the business and everyone should buy as many shares of the company as
possible. The next day, Adam, who was at dinner with John the prvious night, purchases all of the shares of ABC Cooling, Inc. that are available. The next week, a public announcement is made that ABC Cooling, Inc. is being sold to Home Cooling and Heating,
Inc. for a very large sum. Is there anything wrong with what Adam did? Explain. Do you believe Adam should be able to use any information he obtains, from any source, even it results in his obtaining an unfair advantage? Be sure to explain why you feel it’s
right or wrong. 18 Cumulative Essay Examination 12. Don, a salesperson at XYZ Corp, called and ordered 10,000 widgets from Alwaysthere, Inc. When the invoice arrived, XYZ paid the invoice but told Don in the future all orders for widgets were to be done through
the purchasing department. Six months later, knowing XYZ needed widgets again and believing it would take too long to order them through the purchasing department, Don called and again ordered the widgets himself from Alwaysthere, Inc. When the invoice arrived,
XYZ refused to pay for the widgets, explaining that Don had been told he couldn’t do the ordering himself any longer. What will be the likely result? Explain your reasoning. 13. Karen owns a residential building in fee simple. She conveys her interest in the
building to John but reserves for herself a life estate. Karen wants to lease her interest. May she do so? What if John wants to lease the building, may he do so?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
6/11/2015
Business Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the homework professionals.
The information you have posted does not show the proper formatting needed for the question and it would be beneficial for me to view the original assignment file if that is possible.
You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and share the link here.
Also, be sure to let me know the deadline to get the resource returned to you.
Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)
1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.
I can then open your file onto my computer.
You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.
This will ensure I get the materials quickly.
Thanks and I look forward to trying to assist on this question.
http://wikisend.com/download/611420/justanswer.doc
After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.
I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.
Someone should be with you shortly.
Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 years ago
Josie-Mod
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
We appreciate your patience. We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Your question remains open to all Experts, there is no need to repost or relist your question
I have revised my question, I only need answers to questions number 8-13. Thanks
make that 9-13,
linda_us
linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree