PDtax
PDtax, Master's Degree
Experience:  MBA/CPA, Former college instructor and tutor.
64119565

Explain how the financial markets can be utilized by your company

Explain how the financial markets can be utilized by your company in the United States. ( The team chose Disney company)
Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax.

Can you provide more information about your question? Are you asking about issuing/trading Disney debt and/or equity instruments?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a copy of the assignment.

Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper in which you analyze the data in the annual reports and SEC filings. Address the following:

· Assess the role of ethics and compliance in your organization’s financial environment. Alisa

· Describe procedures your organization has in place to ensure ethical behavior.Alisa

· Explain how the financial markets can be utilized by your company in the United States. Claudia

· Identify processes the organization uses to comply with SEC regulations.Michelle

· Evaluate your organization’s financial performance during the past 2 years, using financial ratios. Calculate the ratios for each year:

o Current

o Debt

o Return on equity

o Days receivable

· Discuss the trend for each ratio and what it tells you about the organization’s financial health.

I hope this helps, the only part that needs to completed by me, has Claudia in bold.

Hi Claudia, I'm PDtax.

I think you need about 200-300 words about using the financial markets to raise capital or debt financing.

Please confirm that's what you need, and I can assist.

Please advise when you need this as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes please, 200-300 words will be fine to cover my part. can I pleaseeee get it today, so I can post my part to the team. Thank you.

working on this now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks a bunch, waiting patiently :)

The Walt Disney Company has been able to take advantage of the financial markets, utilizing debt, equity and generated funds, to diversify and control significant assets. Its interests in movie issuance, studio produced entertainment, parks and resorts, and consumer products, are a testament to not only shrewd management but the availability of assets and the means to acquire them. The US financial markets have made this diversification possible.
In 1996, Disney acquired Capital Cities/ABC in a deal valued at $19 billion dollars. At the time, the deal was the second largest in history. At the time, Disney had accumulated significant generated cash, and needed to spend it to avoid being a takeover target itself. It looked to expand from its movie and television programming roots into related, synergistic areas. It did so by issuing 155 million shares of Disney common shares, valued at $9 billion dollars, $8 billion in short term debt that would be converted into long term debt, and the remainder in Disney cash.
Such a transaction could not be contemplated without the cooperation of both parties, and the consent of majority shareholders of both entities. The short term debt was likely arrived at quickly, but Disney management knew they could issue long term debt to replace that acquisition financing on more favorable terms. Such terms will allow Disney to extend its debt repayment term, reduce its cost, and allow for time to merge the new entity and begin to accrue the synergistic value of the acquisition while not threatening Disney’s ability to pay its bills on time.
Subsequent acquisitions, of Pixar Animation, The Pooh franchise, Marvel Entertainment, and Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC, allowed Disney to pursue its aggressive growth targets. This allows Disney to spend its generated cash and issue new debt and equity, mostly common shares, to create a diversified conglomerate entertainment dynamo.
The capital markets have cooperated by allowing Disney as an entity to enjoy value beyond the price of its assets. Such appreciation for the Disney portfolio has created a welcoming market for its debt and equity offerings. Disney’s growth would not have been possible without an appreciative reception for its debt and equity offerings in the financial markets.