Mark Twain
Mark Twain, MBA
Experience:  I have an MBA in Finance, and have been tutoring business and finance courses for over a year now.
68930079

While it might be interesting to look at what $10000 today

While it might be interesting to look at what $10000 today will be in 20 years, in business we are more often concerned with the question, “If I receive $10000 in 5 years, what is that worth today?” To do this, we use a present value formula: pv= fv*(1/((1+i)^n)). Based on the interest rate and number of periods, you can calculate what the value of $10000 in the future would be today.

How do you feel about the usefulness of these types of calculations?

I'll be happy to help with this as well. Almost done with the first one.

-M

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

great!

Will be back shortly with the first answer.

Here's the answer to this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipvwpsdmwyk6l39/While%20it%20might%20be%20interesting%20to%20look%20at%20what.docx

Let me know if you have any questions.

-M