Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

"For Bizhelp" Monday 6:30 PM EST

76. The best approach to...

76. The best approach to network representation of a large and hugely complex project is to

_____________.

a. represent all activities and relationships

b. simplify network logic and reduce it to the most meaningful relationships

c. use AOA

d. use AON

77. CCPM advocates performing all noncritical activities ______________.

a. as late as possible

b. as early as possible

c. before starting the critical path

d. after completing the critical path

78. An important departure from traditional project management is that critical chain project

management logic ______________.

a. changes from a late finish to an early start approach

b. factors in the effects of resource contention

c. adjusts expected activity durations to reflect a 95% probability of completion on time

d. creates a separate safety margin for each activity in the project

79. In order to resolve a resource conflict, it is advisable to ______________.

a. work backwards from the end of the project

b. work forwards from the start of the project

c. begin activities at their earliest possible start time

d. complete activities at their earliest possible finish time

80. When choosing the most viable solution to resource conflict issues, the best option is the

one that ______________.

a. minimizes total network slack

b. minimizes total network schedule disruption

c. maximizes total network slack

d. maximizes activity late start times

81. A system-wide constraint is called a ______________.

a. rope

b. resource

c. drum

d. chain

82. Successful implementation of CCPM depends on first _____________.

a. identifying the critical chain that meanders through the project organization’s portfolio

of projects.

b. identifying the constraint that holds hostage the project organization’s other resources

c. examining and changing the culture of the project organization

d. exploiting the drum by using it to subordinate the existing PERT network

83. The best method for establishing the existence of resource conflicts across project activities

uses _____________.

a. Gantt charts

b. network diagrams

c. Pareto diagrams

d. resource-loading charts

84. A measurement process that determines the project goals and then the degree to which the

actual performance lives up to these goals is ______________.

a. metric system

b. goal-performance linkage

c. five degrees of separation

d. gap analysis

85. Penalty clauses for schedule slippage are sometimes referred to as _______________.

a. liquidated damages

b. punitive damages

c. temporal assessments

d. late fees

86. A tracking Gantt chart cannot show ______________.

a. the reason an activity has slipped

b. which activities are ahead of schedule

c. which activities are on schedule

d. which activities are behind schedule

87. A tracking Gantt chart does not allow for ______________.

a. looking at today’s activity progress and determining whether a single activity is behind

scheduled

b. future projections of the project’s status

c. looking at today’s activity progress and determining whether the entire project is

behind schedule

d. looking at today’s activity progress and determining whether a single activity is ahead

of schedule

88. It is possible to measure _____________ with the tracking Gantt chart.

a. only positive deviations from the schedule baseline

b. only negative deviations from the schedule baseline

c. both positive and negative deviations from the schedule baseline

d. both positive and negative deviations from the budget

89. If significant deviations from the project plan are detected, corrective action is taken and

then _____________.

a. the monitoring and control cycle begins anew

b. project goals are adjusted to reflect current reality

c. the project stakeholders are informed of the budget or time difficulties

d. the critical chain is reviewed for task dependency

90. The classic project S-curve is a plot of ______________.

a. labor hours versus money expended

b. money expended versus elapsed time

c. elapsed time versus labor hours

d. number of personnel versus days behind schedule

91. A measurement process that determines the project goals and then the degree to which the

actual performance lives up to these goals is _____________.

a. metric system

b. goal-performance linkage

c. five degrees of separation

d. gap analysis

92. Earned value management jointly considers the impact of ______________.

a. time, cost and planned cost

b. project performance, planned performance and cost

c. performance, cost and time

d. planned cost, planned performance and time

93. Which of these concerns does not belong in the assessment of team performance in a project

final report?

a. Were the stakeholder’s concerns addressed?

b. Were the best people in the organization selected to work on this project?

c. How were our project team members trained for their duties?

d. Does the project manager have the ability to evaluate worker performance?

94. A final report section on the techniques of project management would include an honest

assessment of whether the ______________.

a. benefits promised to the client were actually delivered

b. resource costs could be better estimated

c. project workers came together as a team

d. the project finished on time

95. The primary goal in requiring a project final report is to _____________.

a. formally close-out the project

b. provide the customer with a sense of completion

c. lay the groundwork for successful future projects

d. find out the root cause for all failures, both major and minor

96. The project final report is fundamentally ______________.

a. a historical record

b. a review of human activity

c. window dressing for the project

d. a forward-looking document

97. In nonbinding arbitration, _____________.

a. the judge can offer suggestions for dispute resolution but cannot enforce these

opinions.

b. the two parties agree to open up, or unbind, their books for inspection by the other

party.

c. the client and project organizations both agree to perform exactly what the judge

decrees.

d. the client and project organizations are not bound by the rules of law.

98. The goal of a lessons learned meeting is to recapitulate the series of events _____________.

a. as subjectively as possible

b. from the project manager’s viewpoint

c. as intuitively as possible

d. from all possible viewpoints

99. Some of the greatest challenges facing project teams during termination is ______________.

a. maintaining the energy and motivation to finish

b. providing accurate data for the project final report

c. providing accurate root cause analysis for the project final report

d. finding another project to begin

100. An example of an external intellectual issue is the _______________.

a. control of charges to the project

b. screening of partially completed tasks

c. identification of outstanding commitments

d. determinants of requirements for audit trail data

10/12/2013
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, Accountant

Thanks for requesting me.

I am working on these and will answer by the deadline.

Thanks for the questions.

Please click here to download the answers.

Hope this helps!
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, Accountant
Bizhelp
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, Accountant