Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

Project Planning – Developing the Project Plan

Customer Question
Hi! This assignment is due...

Hi! This assignment is due on 9/17.

Project Planning – Developing the Project Plan and Determining Critical Path

1.Using the District4WarehouseMove WBS.xls provided, https://app.box.com/s/mfy2evpl8vkaj893nheo create a Microsoft project plan for the District 4 Warehouse Move project. Use the PDF document, Project Plan Check –District4Move, https://app.box.com/s/3xacmbsul93k92ewixga to check your work to be sure you have created your starting project plan correctly. Microsoft Project is required for this task.

Note: you will need to insert a column to include your WBS codes, then you will need to sequence the tasks to show tasks by work package. It may help to review the Microsoft tutorial, Sequencing tasks in a project: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/CH010066652.aspx

2.Based upon the details in the WBS and the project case, determine which tasks need to be completed first and which tasks are dependent upon other tasks to be completed prior to starting. Using this information identify predecessors in your project plan’s predecessor column. Complete the predecessor column by entering the line number of tasks that must be completed in order for each task to start. This will create your project timeline.

Note: This is a critical step in the process to developing your critical path. It may help to review the Microsoft tutorial, Creating relationships between tasks: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/CH010066658.aspx

3.Using the View Network Diagram functionality within MS Project, determine the critical path for this project. In a MS Word document, list the activities that are on the critical path. Considering the risks identified in the risk table below, identify which risks would be most likely to increase your project timeline. Justify your responses.

Submit both your completed project plan and your MS Word document.

District 4 Production Warehouse Move Project - Risk Table

1.) Permits are not received per the schedule

2.) Finish work contractors walk off the job half way through

3.) Framing and drywall contractors are running behind schedule and can only produce half their crew as scheduled

4.) Work benches are poor quality and 1/3 will have to be rebuilt

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
10/10/2013
Business Tutor: Kathy, Teacher replied 4 years ago
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher

Kathy :

Thank you for your request. I will review your requirements and respond to you as soon as possible. Kathy

Customer :

Thank you so much!

Kathy :

No problem.

Customer :

Hi! You were going to review the requirements and let me know?

Kathy :

I will get back with you soon. I was working on an assignment that took me longer than expected to complete. Thanks

Dear Customer, I just reviewed all the requirements. I consider that you will better serve by forwarding this project to the Business Area. I will opt out to provide that the project is handled promptly. I apologize for the inconvenience this response causes you and look forward to work with you in the future.

Kathy

Thank you!

Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Please close. Thank you.
Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago

I saw that you requested stayathomemomof2 work on this for you. I have sent her a message to follow up with you on this question when she is back online (new questions should be on new posts, not added to existing ones). Please let me know if I can be of further assistance while you wait.

Yes, thank you for your help.

Could you please unlock the other question? I have to give stayathmemomof2 a rating and bonus for the first assignment.

Can you please leave this question open for other experts? Thank you.
Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago

I could not find any of your questions that are currently locked. To better serve you, I will forward your questions regarding a locked question and payment to Customer Service where a Customer Service Representative will contact you via email.

Thanks. I've already fixed it.
Business Tutor: Josie-Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Thank you!
Business Tutor: Angela--Mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Angela--Mod
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Could you please keep searching? Thank you!

Business Tutor: Angela--Mod,
 replied 4 years ago

Thank you for your patience while we continue to search for a professional to assist you.

I have marked your question high priority and you’ll receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.
Thank you do much!
Please close this question.
Kathy
Kathy
Kathy, Teacher