Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

Hello, I have another financial analysis I need help with.

I am comparing Marriott International...
Hello, I have another financial analysis I need help with. I am comparing Marriott International with Hyatt Hotels. The details are listed below, and I can give you an example of the paper as well if you need it.

Grading Rubrics
Back to Top

Category

Points

%

Description

Documentation and Formatting 10 14% A quality paper includes a title page, proper citations (see the citation help section below for requirements), and a bibliography.
Organization and Cohesiveness 30 40% A quality paper includes an introduction of the two companies and the industry. The content will be properly subdivided into sections derived from the weekly assignments. Include a labeled section for each weekly Course Project assignment. In a quality paper, the conclusion summarizes the reasoning employed in the analysis and describes any outstanding conclusions reached about the companies analyzed. Clearly mark the concluding paragraph "Concluding Thoughts."
Editing 5 6% A quality paper is free of any spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. Sentences and paragraphs are clear, concise, and factually correct.
Content 30 40% A quality paper has significant scope and depth of research to support any statements. Relevant illustration or examples are encouraged. A quality paper employs sound use of reasoning and logic to reinforce conclusions. It also has proper ratio calculations and conclusions on analysis.

Total
75 100% A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.

Company Selection – Week 1
Back to Top
Company Selection (5 points)

Choose your term paper companies - two companies should be selected - and upload them via the Week 1 Dropbox titled "Company Selection." Your choices will be reviewed, and you will receive feedback and/or approval for your choices. Your selections must be publicly traded companies that compete with one another, and I encourage you to select the company you work for, or wish to work for, in order to learn more about the company and the industry. Please ensure to include the ticker symbol with the company name to ensure that is publicly traded on one of the stock exchanges. Ticker symbols can be found on Yahoo! Finance.

Course Project Horizontal Analysis – Week 2
Back to Top
Your outline should include (but is not limited to) the following.

I. Choice of Companies and an Overview of Their Operations and Industry – Briefly outline what each company does and its industry. (5 points)

II. Discussion of Current Issues Impacting Financial Statements – Include any relevant current event information, news that has affected financial statements, or world events that could impact the businesses. Research will have to be done on this. Some good sources of information include the most recent annual reports for each company (these can be found online for all publicly-traded companies; utilize the most current year-end annual reports available), Yahoo! Finance, the MSN Money website (this will provide current information on your company and some ratio information), and various business magazines. You can find the websites suggested under the Webliography tab in the course. (5 points)

III. Relevant Ratios and Discussion – List what ratios you think are relevant to your companies and industry. Go to the Excel spreadsheet in Doc Sharing, review the ratios listed under the ratio tab, and pick what you think may be relevant. In one to two paragraphs, briefly discuss ten ratios you think may be important, and include ratios from the different categories. The ratios will be automatically calculated on the spreadsheet (please see section IV regarding this). (10 points)

IV. Excel Spreadsheet FinSAS.xls – Manually input the financial data for your company under the input tab on the spreadsheet. You should insert numbers highlighted only in blue. These numbers should be found in the company's most recent year-end annual reports (utilize the most year-end numbers; the spreadsheet has it starting at 2008, but change the year to 2009 and go five years historically from there to 2005), which can be obtained online under your company choice. Complete a separate spreadsheet for each company. Write that you completed the input for the spreadsheet for both companies and that the spreadsheet works. To check this, once you input the data in the input tab only, check the other tabs (ratio, vertical analysis) to ensure that you see the automated calculations. (20 points)

V. Bibliography

Written content and explanations can be completed in a separate (Word) document.

Submit your outline in the Week 2 Dropbox titled "Horizontal Analysis."

Course Project Vertical Analysis – Week 3
Back to Top

I. Identification of Significant Asset Items, Liability Items, and Comments on Revenue and Profitability – List specific issues that you think affect these items. For example, economic factor
10/5/2013
F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree
Please complete the details about assignment, the name of two companies, can I use PEPSI and COKE for this purpose, also mention your deadline, thanks.

I'm sorry, I did not realize I did not get all the details in the last message. Unfortunately, it cannot be changed to Pepsi and Coke, I have to have Marriott and Hyatt Hotels compared. I am attaching examples of exactly what I need.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/tnopybw9u6zd6kh/Sample_Project_Word_Doc.docx

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hcess95tf7d7a60/FinSAS.xls

- Horizontal Analysis with the following information

V. Bibliography

2. Vertical Analysis with the following information

I. Identification of Significant Asset Items, Liability Items, and Comments on Revenue and Profitability – List specific issues that you think affect these items. For example, economic factors, new product launches, and recent news developments can affect the items. Information can be obtained from annual report write-ups, financial notes, and the Internet. Briefly comment on how they affect financial numbers such as sales, profitability, costs, revenue, and so forth. (10 points)

II. Relevant Ratios and Discussion of Your Findings of Vertical Analysis – Discuss briefly your vertical analysis findings, which are calculated automatically on the spreadsheet under the vertical analysis tab. Then, identify any key ratios that you think impact vertical analysis. (10 points)

III. Excel Spreadsheet FinSAS.xlsx, Calculations of Vertical Ratio Analysis – This is a separate tab under the project spreadsheet and will calculate automatically, based on what you inserted in the input tab during Week 2. Ensure that it has calculated, and provide a brief analysis of your findings. The spreadsheet does not need to be submitted this week; just state that the spreadsheet is calculating correctly for each company. (20 points)

a. Bibliography b. Other back material, as needed: detailed tables, extended quotations from which shorter quotes are taken, and so forth.

3. Final Ratio Analysis with the following information

I. Explaining Business Objectives and the Effect of the Objectives on the Ratios – Briefly highlight if the ratios meet the criteria of the business objectives. These objectives can be found in the annual reports under CEO comments and business summaries. (10 points)

II. Identification of the Three Most Important Ratios for Your Companies and Support – Include why you think these ratios are the most important; what do they indicate about the financial health of each company? All ratios should be automatically calculated based on your input sheet from Week 2. (10 points)

III. Computation of Relevant Ratios and Comparison to Industry Data – Verify that all ratios have been automatically calculated on the spreadsheet. On a separate document, list the ratios in comparison to the industry. Industry ratios can be found on various financial websites. The list should be in a table format, showing Company A, Company B, and then the industry ratio. (20 points)

General Expectations from this assignment

This week, you should integrate the work you did on the group project over the past six weeks to create a Course Project, and submit it to the Dropbox under the Course Project tab by Thursday of Week 7. A Word document, as well as the Excel document for each company, must be submitted. Also, submit a spreadsheet for each company completed.

Be sure that you answered the following:

- "Which company has better financial ratios and why?

- What do the ratios indicate?

- Compare the financial ratios for the latest year to the industry averages.

- Is each company above or below the industry averages?

- Compare for each ratio."

All this information should come from your previous submissions. A suggestion is to include a section in the paper that responds to each of these questions stated. A paper clearly outlined with separate sections generally reads easier.

IT is a very long assignment, do you need in the same format as shown in sample as it makes 20 page report and 5 years excel sheet, what is your dedline, thanks.

Yes, I do need the same format as shown in the sample. It does not have to be 5 years, 3 years is fine. I wouldn't worry about making it 20 pages as long as all the necessary information is included. I need this as soon as possible. What is the soonest you think you can finish this? I know it is showing $80, but I actually offered $200 for this, I am willing to up the pay if that is not enough for your troubles.

You are requested to post the questions in two parts, Part 1 for excel with a fair value of $200 and another part with word format with a fair value of $200, once I will complete the excel sheet you rate it then I will start working of Part 2. As there are two companies therefore the price is $200 for each part of the assignment. I will complete first part within 2 to 3 days and then another in another 2 to 3 days, after you have rated part 1, feel free to ask if anything is unclear, thanks. Please add my name before each part of the assignment thanks.

ok, so $400 total right?

Yes, thanks.

hello, Just wanted to check the status of the assignment.

The price has not been edited therefore I was not sure that you do agree with the offer price or not, thanks.

yes, i did agree with the price, i will fix it.

I will provide the answer of part 1 in couple of days, please edit the price for part 1 and post another question for part 2 thanks.

how do I edit the price?

The option would be given there in the pricing area, thanks.
just confirming the name of the company to be used and should I use most recent three years or any other years of your choice, thanks.

Marriott International with Hyatt Hotels.

yes, that is correct...

Please confirm the stock symbol for Hyatt is H and for Marriot MAR or VAC, thanks.

hyatt is H and Marriott is MAR

Thanks
Have a nice day part 1 excel sheet for two companies.

Click here for Hyatt

Click here for Marriot

F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree
F. Naz
F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree