Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

1) Conceptual intelligence includes the ability to understand

your own needs and emotions...
1) Conceptual intelligence includes the ability to understand your own needs and emotions and the ability to understand the emotions of others.
a. True
b. False

2) All of the following statements about managers are correct EXCEPT:
a. Managers perform jobs that involve directly supporting the work efforts of others.
b. Being a manager is a unique challenge that carries distinct performance responsibilities.
c. A manager's job is to help other people get important things done in timely, high quality, and personally satisfying ways.
d. In the new workplace, management is most effectively accomplished through "directing" and "controlling" rather than through the use of other methods.
e. The word manager is increasingly being linked in the new workplace to roles described by such titles as "coordinator,""coach," and "team-leader."

3) Contemporary organizations operate in a social context that is unforgiving in its expectations for high performance while also demanding with respect to ethical behavior and social responsibility.
a. True
b. False

4) Which of the following statements accurately describe high-performance organizational cultures?
a. High-performance cultures provide members with a clear vision of the organization's purpose and goals.
b. High-performance cultures encourage positive behavior that supports organizational goals.
c. High-performance cultures discourage dysfunctional behaviors.
d. A and B.
e. A, B, and C.

5) Which of the following statements accurately describe how internal locus of control people differ from external locus of control people with respect to self-control, risk, and anxiety?
a. Internal exhibit greater self-control and are more cautious.
b. Internals engage in more risky behavior.
c. Internal are more anxious.
d. A and B.
e. B and C.

6) Which of the following statements does NOT accurately describe the research findings on gender?
a. Women are reported to be more conforming, to have lower expectations of success then men do, and tend to be absent more frequently than men.
b. Men score consistent higher than women on measures of their problem-solving abilities, analytical skills, competitive drive, motivation, learning ability, or sociability.
c. Women leaders tend to be more democratic and less autocratic than men leaders.
d. Prejudice toward female leaders can occur as a result of conflict between gender role and leader role requirements.
e. The outlook for women's leadership participation is promising.

7) Researchers believe that, when averaged across all characteristics, an individual's personality is determined by heredity and environment, in approximately which of the following proportions?
a. One-third heredity and two-thirds environment.
b. Two-thirds heredity and one-third environment.
c. One-half heredity and one-half environment.
d. One-fourth heredity and three-fourths environment.
e. Three-fourths heredity and one-fourth environment.
11/6/2012
Angela--Mod
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

I can wait to get the best answers

Thanks for your patience! We'll continue to search for the right Professional to assist you.

-Angela
chooser77
Hello, and thanks for the questions.

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. b. False
2. d. In the new workplace, management is most effectively accomplished through "directing" and "controlling" rather than through the use of other methods.
3. a. True
4. e. A, B, and C.
5. a. Internals exhibit greater self-control and are more cautious.
6. b. Men score consistent higher than women on measures of their problem-solving abilities, analytical skills, competitive drive, motivation, learning ability, or sociability.
7. c. One-half heredity and one-half environment.

Hope this helps!
chooser77

Those answers were perfect. You saved me! Thank you!

That's great! Please remember to give a positive rating.

Thanks!

I have a Business Statistics class I need help with. Is that something you can help me with?

Hello, and thanks for question,

I just got you rely. If you would, please post the questions in a new question page and I'll assist you.

Thanks!

I tried over and over again to post these questions and nothing seems to be going through. I need help and running out of options. I can buy a greendot reload pack or tip again if needed to compensate for your time. Here are the questions:

1) If we know that the length of time it takes college students to park their cars follows a normal distribution with a mean of 3.5 minutes and a standard deviation of 1 minute, find the probability that a randomly selected college student will take between 2 and 4.5 minutes to find a parking spot in the library parking lot. (a) 0.0919 (b) 0.2255 (c) 0.4938 (d) 0.7745

2) For some positive value of X, the probability that a standard normal variable is between 0 and 2X is 0.1255. The value of X is (a) 0.99 (b) 0.40 (c) 0.32 (d) 0.16

3) For some value of Z, the probability that a standard normal variable is below Z is 0.2090. The value of Z is (a) - 0.81 (b) - 0.31 (c) 0.31 (d) 1.96

4) Given that X is a normally distributed random variable with a mean of 50 and a standard deviation of 2, find the probability that X is between 47 and 54. (a) 1.246 (b) 0.9104 (c) 0.5846 (d) 0.1564

5) If we know that the length of time it takes college students to park their cars follows a normal distribution with a mean of 3.5 minutes and a standard deviation of 1 minute, find the point in the distribution in which 75.8% of the college students exceed when trying to find a parking spot in the library parking lot. (a) 2.8 minutes (b) 3.2 minutes (c) 3.4 minutes (d) 4.2 minutes

6) A company that sells annuities must base the annual payout on the probability distribution of the length of life of the participants in the plan. Suppose the probability distribution of the lifetimes of the participants is approximately a normal distribution with a mean of 68 years and a standard deviation of 3.5 years. What proportion of the plan recipients would receive payments beyond age 75? (a) .0034 (b) 0.2134 (c) 1.2543 (d) 0.0228

7) The probability that a standard normal random variable, Z, falls between -2.00 and -0.44 is 0.6472. (a) True (b) Flase

8) If two events are mutually exclusive, what is the probability that one or the other occurs? (a) 0. (b) 0.50. (c) 1.00. (d) Cannot be determined from the information given.

9) If two events are mutually exclusive, what is the probability that both occur at the same time? (a) 0. (b) 0.50. (c) 1.00. (d) Cannot be determined from the information given.

10) The probability that a new advertising campaign will increase sales is assessed as being 0.80. The probability that the cost of developing the new ad campaign can be kept within the original budget allocation is 0.40. Assuming that the two events are independent, the probability that the cost will NOT be kept within budget, and the campaign will NOT increase sales is: (a) 0.12 (b) 0.32 (c) 0.68 (d) 0.88

11) If two events are independent (for example, being struck by lightening and being sued for tax evasion), what is the probability that they both occur at the same time? (a) 0. (b) 0.50. (c) 1.00. (d) Cannot be determined from the information given.

12) According to a survey of American households, the probability that the residents own 2 cars is 80%, given annual income is over $25,000.

Of the households surveyed, 60% had incomes over $25,000; 70% owned 2 cars.

What is the probability that the residents of a household do NOT own 2 cars and have an income over $25,000? (a) 0.12 (b) 0.18 (c) 0.22 (d) 0.48

Hello, again.

1. (d) 0.7745
2. (d) 0.16
3. (a) - 0.81
4. (b) 0.9104
5. (c) 3.4 minutes
6. (d) 0.0228
7. (b) False
8. (d) Cannot be determined from the information given.
9. (a) 0.
10. (c) 0.68
11. (d) Cannot be determined from the information given.
12. (a) 0.12

Hope this helps!

Im sorry Mr. Chris. Shortly after I messaged you, customer service contacted me saying that I can post the question now. Another expert has helped me with a few assignments already. This system wouldnt allow me to contact you until you had replied back

Hello Mr. Chris,

I am about to make another forum question just for you. This one is about Operations Management (8th Ed.).

http://wikisend.com/download/144226/Question 2.docx

Attached is the questions. I will label the Question forum: ***FOR CHRIS M.*** under the business section

I have a 4 days to get this assignment in, so please take your time. I trust in you. I need at least a 70% to pass the class so I need to make sure I get help with this assignment. Please accept the new forum Im about to release so you can get paid.

Hello, and thanks for the request.

I would be glad to assit you with this assignment. Should be able to finish these well before your deadline.

-Chris M.

Hello Chris,

I need your help again for this class. Im not doing to good. Please see this link ( http://wikisend.com/download/616502/Principles of Finance.docx ).

Let me know when you get this so I can create a new post for you. This one for big money since its 100 questions.

Hello, and thanks for the request.

I would be glad to assit you with this. When is your deadline for submission?

-Chris M.

I have to have it in by the 20th (this month). You want me to go ahead and make that new post for you?

Hello again,

You can good ahead and post it as before, beginning with "For Chris M." and in the Homework category.

Thanks!

ok... Im doing it now

Okay. I'll be looking for it.
Hello again,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to assist with the exam questions you posted. They are posted in the Business and Finance Homework category. I have not been approved for that category, so I can't respond there. I suggested you edit the question, removing my name and adding the link to your exam questions. Hopefully, one of the experts in Business and Finance will be willing to assist you. Good luck on this assignment.

-Chris M.

Wait... you cannot do any of these questions or I just need to put it in math section or something?

I mean that these questions do best belong in the Business and Finance category and they probably can best be answered there. There are several excellent experts in that category.

Hello Chris,

I am a week away from the end of the semester and I have a speech class that Im not doing to well in. I have average grades on the speech and I want to make sure the question and answer part is top notch. Are you good with Public Speaking classes?

Hello again,

I just got your reply. I might be able to assist with this assignment. Please post your request as a new, separate question, with details of exactly what you are needing.

Thank you!

Im hoping my money comes Monday so I can create a new post. Right now, I don't have enough. I was checking to see if I would be able to work with you on this one.

Hello again,

I can't promise without knowing the specifics of the assignment, but I will glad to assist if you are referring to objective quizzes about public speaking.

Thanks!.

Here is a sample question:

Critical listening leads to an understanding of a speech as well as an interpretation and assessment of it. This allows the listener to draw conclusions based on:

a) reflective judgement

b) unstated assumptions

C) critical opinions

d) uncritical analysis

e) rhetorical facts

This is a sample of the questions I have. There are true and false questions as well. A total of 100 questions

Hello again,

I can assist with these questions. When you mention "a total of 100 questions," are you referring to a series of 20-25 question quizzes or one quiz of 100 questions?

-Chris M.

Its a series of 25 questions, but I will put it all on a word document and attach it for you to upload.

OK, thanks for the info. When assigning a value for these quizzes, please consider the amount of work and remember that experts only receive a percentage of the deposit made.

Thanks!

I create a post for you. Never mind the amount. I will send you a bonus when I get extra money as I always do. That's all I was able to muster up for now.

Here is the link http://wikisend.com/download/174860/PublicSpeaking.docx

chooser77
chooser77
chooser77