Business and Finance Homework

Need Finance Homework Help? Ask an Expert

Business and Finance Homework

RRJha, Here is the exam write up. There is also an SPSS

RRJha, Here is the exam write...
RRJha,

Here is the exam write up. There is also an SPSS file to attach but I do not know how to attach it. Please let me know.

The purpose of this exam is to give you the opportunity to formulate research questions, run the analyses, and interpret the results of the statistics covered in this class. The final exam is due by midnight on the due date, Wednesday, August 15, 2012, as a single Microsoft Word document placed in the dropbox. The document must be in APA format.

Please read through the entire exam first.

The exam consists of three sections

I. The research scenario—to provide the context for the data. Please note that the data are “content-neutral,” i.e., they do not refer to a specific discipline or field.

II. The codebook—this identifies the variables (names, labels, and measurement scale) in the database.

III. The exam instructions—for completing the exam. Be sure to read each question carefully and answer each question completely.

I. Research Scenario:

An organization wants to know if participants with varying levels of expertise (professionals, paraprofessionals, and nonprofessionals) improve their knowledge after completing a training program.

The organization collected demographic information: gender, age, type of training (professional, paraprofessional, or nonprofessional), location of the worksite (on-site or off-site) and years of experience.

A pre-training test of knowledge, a training program, and post-training test of knowledge was developed. Participants were tested, then participated in the three-week training program, and then were tested again.

The dataset also includes (1) a measure of participant confidence in knowledge and (2) a certification exam score.

The data are discipline-neutral. Therefore, part of your final project is to create a context for the research that is associated with your discipline or area of interest (e.g., training to assess mental health status; training to work with special education children; training to become a technician or consultant).

II. Codebook

Variable Information

Variable Label Measurement Scale Catagory Name
ID N/A N/A N/A
Gender Gender Nominal 1 = Male
2 = Female

age Age in Years Ratio
qualification

Professional Qualification

Nominal 1 = Professional
2 = Paraprofessional
3 = Nonprofessional
worksite Location of Work Nominal 1 = On-Site
2 = Off-Site
knowledge1 Level of knowledge before Training Interval N/A
knowledge2 Level of knowledge after Training Interval N/A
years Years of Experience Ratio N/A
confidence Confidence in knowledge Interval N/A
exam Certification in knowledge Interval N/A

III. Exam Instructions

Overview
Your task is to review the dataset, formulate a context, and then use your knowledge of statistics to answer the research questions and test hypotheses that will help the organization evaluate the effectiveness of the program.

Part I. Create your context.

Using the research scenario and variables identified in the codebook, create a “story” that describes the purpose and focus of the study. In a few paragraphs describe the intent of your investigation in the form of a problem background and purpose statement.

Part II. Describe your sample.

Generate frequency tables and bar charts for the nominal variables. Generate and interpret descriptive statistics of central tendency, variability, skewness, and kurtosis for the continuous (scale) variables. Generate frequency tables and histograms with the normal curve superimposed for each scale variable. Label your tables and graphs according to APA format. Conclude with a paragraph summarizing the demographic characteristics of this sample.

Gender (nominal)
Age (scale)
Qualification (nominal)
Worksite (nominal)
Knowledge1 (scale)
Knowledge2 (scale)
Years (scale)
Confidence (scale)
Exam (scale)

Part III. Describe relationships among the variables.

Select the variables that are measured on interval or ratio scales. Create a correlation matrix. Label the table according to APA format. Identify and discuss the strongest and weakest correlations.

Part IV. Answer any FOUR of the nine following research questions. Clearly identify which question(s) you have selected to answer by writing the number associated with the question (1-9) before each answer. Make sure to select four questions that must be answered by 4 DIFFERENT tests. For example. One t-test, one ANOVA, one regression and one chi-square; NOT a single sample t-test, independent sample t-test and paired sample t-test as these all fall under t-test.

Based on the research scenario and the data, restate the research question, identify the Independent and Dependent Variable(s), formulate the hypothesis, conduct an analysis, and interpret the results for each of the following. Please use the 7 step hypothesis testing model for each analysis, including an APA-style conclusion statement summarizing the findings, interpreting the results and answering the research question.

Is there a significant difference in knowledge between on-site and off-site workers before they take the training?
Is there a significant increase in knowledge as a result of the training?
Do participants of different classifications (professional, paraprofessional, and nonprofessional) perform differently on the certification exam? Which group performs best?
What are the effects of gender and worksite location (on- or off-site) on level of confidence? In other words:
Is there a gender difference in confidence?
Does type of worksite experience affect confidence?
Is there an interaction between gender and worksite in their effect on confidence?
After controlling for prior knowledge, is there a difference between professionals, paraprofessionals, and non-professionals in knowledge after the training?
Does age predict performance on the certification exam?
In addition to age, does confidence improve the ability to predict performance on the certification exam?
Does the distribution of the classifications of participants (professional, paraprofessional, and nonprofessional) differ than what one would expect by chance?
Does the distribution of the classifications (professional, paraprofessional, and nonprofessional) differ from the State data reported as 15%, 25% and 60%?
Part V. Summarize your findings.

Synthesize the results of your five analyses. Include a brief summary of the sample characteristics and the major findings. Interpret the findings so that the organization’s leaders will have an understanding of the similarities and differences in knowledge, and how effective the training program is in improving knowledge.

All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
8/9/2012
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor

You may upload all related files at mediafire.com and post their download link here. This seems like a huge one. And I'm not good at write-up but so you might need to rebuild the context for Part I.
Ok I will post the file. Thank you so far and please just try your best at that write up. I am so close to finishing this course finally!
Ok

http://www.mediafire.com/?mrqu51qj48x7swd

let me know if this worked please

Received it.
How's it coming? I was just making sure we are
Good. I just got an email from just answer apologizing that you couldn't answer. I figured it was just due to the
Length of time we are taking. Let me know. Thanks.
Yes, that's just due to the length of time. I'll have your answer ready by Monday.
I've done the analysis and interpretation which you may download below

final module.docx

Things you've to do is to create a context where you mention need for employee training and to test its effectiveness, then modify part V to relate your story with the summary and obviously APA formatting the paper.

It was hours of work. Hope you'd appreciate with a good bonus.

Thanks
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Thanks a bunch. Let me get home from work and go through it. Then I will make sure I at least understand it to some degree. Then I will gladly take care of providing a decent bonus. Thanks again.
Thanks

Hey Rrjha,

I will add the bonus when I am not on my cell phone and can get to a real computer. I was waiting on a card to clear but did not want to keep your rating waiting so I went ahead and clicked excellent service. Thanks again man. I imagine we will work together again if you are willing as I have an advanced statistics course as well.

Thanks, appreciate it.
And I'd love to help with whatever I could.
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor