getsetgo
getsetgo, Master's Degree
Experience:  MBA from premium institute. 9+ years experience at executive level in Fortune-200 company.
15962517

Economists refer to consumer satisfaction as utility and use

Economists refer to consumer satisfaction as utility and use "utils" to measure consumer utility. Jill enjoys cookies and milk as a snack. Below is a table showing Jill's utility from consuming cookies and milk:

# XXXXX Cookies Total Utility (Utils) Glasses of Milk Total Utility (Utils)
0 0 0 0
1 300 1 600
2 500 2 700
3 600 3 720
4 650 4 730

If a cookie costs $1 and a glass of milk is $1, what combination of cookies and milk will provide Jill with the greatest total utility if she has $5 to expend?

Now suppose that a cookie costs $1 and a glass of milk costs $2. Is Jill in consumer equilibrium if she consumes one cookie and one glass of milk? Please explain how you arrived at your answer.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  getsetgo replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.
Please download your answer Here

Please Accept the answer if you find it useful as I will get credit for my work only after you accept the answer.