Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

Need some help with a Marketing Principals project; applying…

Need some help with a...
Need some help with a Marketing Principals project; applying Porter's Five Forces, a SWOT business anlysis and etc. More details attached: <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?omommhzttjm" target="_blank">http://www.mediafire.com/?omommhzttjm</a>
Answered in 1 day by:
7/1/2010
SuperiorTutor
SuperiorTutor, Bachelor's Degree

I can help you with this assignment but I will require some time to do it. I can do it by Monday. Please let me know if that's fine with you otherwise I will opt out so some other expert can help you.

Thanks.

That is not a problem at all! I have posted two of them that are rather lengthy and will require a good deal of time.

Honestly, I am not in a hurry, no deadline to speak of, but I am hoping to have them done so I can start the projects they spawn in about 2 weeks.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great , means I can work out a good project in a good timeline and perhaps take a day or two over Monday. I will stay in touch meanwhile.

I have seen the other question but chose this one. Maybe if I get finished with this one and some other expert doesn't take up that project I can do that too.

You are welcome!Smile

Edited by allknower on 7/1/2010 at 12:19 PM EST

Just to be on the record, it might take 2-3 days longer than coming Monday. Also, i have selected 'oven' as the product. Is that fine with you?

Thanks.

Edited by allknower on 7/1/2010 at 6:35 PM EST

No problem!

Thank you for tackling it! If you get the chance look at my other post, too? Same deal, no hurry on time frames.

Have a great weekend!

I just observed that this question is open to other experts too, since I have already started working on it I would appreciate if you would edit the question and put 'FOR allknower' in the heading of this question and request me exclusively for this question. The open status of this question is causing a bit of ambiguity which might be problematic going forward.

Thanks.

Hi there! It won't let me into it to edit, I am assuming this is because we are in process or something? I think that once an Expert replies to me and we begin communication it locks it from other interference, but I am not certain.

Let me know if there is something I need to do with it, I am excited to have your assistance and look forward to working with you!

Yeah, you are right. Anyhow, I am excited to do the marketing plan too since I made hundreds during the 4yrs at graduate school, and still making in my current job.

Have a great weekend!

Hope you are fine. I have a question regarding the project, does the market for this product have to be U.S. or could it be any European country or Asian country?

Thanks.

Hi there! I am well, thank you and hope this finds you the same.

In answer to your query, there are no specific market restrictions, just whatever is viable. It really doesn't matter.

Hope your week is going well!

Another question, in task E1 related to marketing mix, do the strategies have to be applied to Company G as a whole (meaning all of its products) or just the new small electrical appliance product line?

Thanks.

Good Morning!

Just the new line as a free-standing product with possible notations of integrating it into dynamics of current products, but for the most part we are just looking at the new line.

It's evening here , so let's say 'salutation to whatever time of the day it is'!

Okay, this is what my guess was too just needed to confirm. I will be able to deliver it to you say a day or maximum two from now. Is that okay?

Thanks.

No problem at all, I am still stuck in a conference in Fort Worth, TX and not in a hurry.

Thank you!

Wow that's great. Enjoy your conference! Cool

Edited by allknower on 7/8/2010 at 5:36 PM EST

I have another question : I have tried recalling and searching for three way product classification system and did not succeed. I am ambiguous if it's convenience, shopping and specialty goods that the 3-way product classification system comprises of. If it does not then could you please explain it?

Thanks.

Yes, that is it. Convenience Products, Shopping Products and Specialty Products.

In the product classification system, there are 3 types of categories that all products can be placed into.

1. Convenience Products - think of this as items that you would likely find in a convenience store. This includes impulse buys and emergency goods. Generally items that are inexpensive, require little comparison shopping, and are easily available at lots of locations. Examples: fast foods, walk-in salons, copy centers, dry cleaners, basic office supplies.
  2. Shopping Products - require comparison shopping. They cost more than convenience products (less than specialty) and are available at a few locations. (Not as convenient as a convenience store.) Examples: appliances, clothing, furniture, electronics, child care, auto insurance, etc.
  3. Specialty Products - these are expensive items (includes luxury items) that offer unique characteristics. There are very few outlets for the products. Examples include: designer hand bags, Tiffany jewelry, Ritz Carlton resorts, Hummer autos. Includes services: financial advice, legal counsel, cosmetic surgery.

When trying to classify a product, here is a table that can help you determine which category the product might be in. Look at the different factors, and consider where your product falls in these. Whichever area has most factors, should dictate which category it falls into.

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_community.wgu.edu/clearspacex/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/1909%252Fprodclass.gif

The image didn't get downloaded - probably because it was from your login of the respective page. But I do get the idea.

I shall get back to you shortly with the assignment - max tomorrow.

Thanks.

I have completed the marketing plan - but it is almost 10 pages long. Should I try to short it to 7 pages or send you the file as it is?

Thanks.

As is would be just fine.

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, was on the road after wrapping up the conference.

If you think you might be up to it, consider doing the other question I posted? If I need to re=post it, let me know.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Please click here to download your answer.

And you are welcome! Feel free to request me to answer your questions in the future by putting 'FOR allknower' only in the title of the question or going to my homepage here and asking me the question exclusively.

I can look at the question as I am a stage 4 expert but I'd rather do it in a while since it's already 5 A.M in the morning here. I'd get back to you as soon as I can.

Lastly, let me know if you want any further help in this assignment - if you want me to edit, add or delete stuff.

Thanks.

Edited by allknower on 7/9/2010 at 11:53 PM EST
SuperiorTutor
SuperiorTutor, Bachelor's Degree

Thank you so VERY much! I re-posted the other question and marked it for you. No hurry, so just tackle it when you can. Any time in the next week or so is fine with me. Let me know if you need longer.

THANK YOU!

I re-posted that other question. Someone else asked about answering it and I said I was reserving it strictly for you. Not sure what he did with it, he said he would mark it for you, but it closed it. Just wanted you to know I had put it back up for you. No hurry, maybe you could do it in the next 10 days or so?

I am really sorry for replying late. I am busy till this following weekend - some domestic stuff.

But I'd be available from coming Monday. I'd need atleast 3-5 days inorder to complete it since this week I won't have even a minute to work Yell. If you think you can still manage my availbility with your deadline then I'd be happy to assist you otherwise give it to some other expert and we will work again in the future some time again.

Either ways, good luck!

Edited by allknower on 7/12/2010 at 11:26 AM EST

revisions requested.... There were a few others, but these were the major ones. I can't go further on the project until each of the areas below is up to at least a 3,

B1. Target Market
(1) Unacceptable (2) Needs Revision (3) Meets Standard (4) Exemplary
The candidate does not describe the target market for the company's products. The candidate provides an imprecise description of the target market for the company's products. The candidate provides a reasonable description of the target market for the company's products. The candidate provides a precise description of the target market for the company's products.
Criterion Score: 2.00
Comments on this criterion: The idea of identifying the target market using demographics, age ranges, income levels, and other identifying sectors is on track. The target market definition also makes reference to specific geographic regions. The income sector noted, low-medium-high income, is too broad to make a distinct connection with the consumer groups. It also includes a broad range of consumer (housewives to singles) to identify a specific need "looking for an effective solution to their home maintenance." Although benefits are listed (convenience, style, uniqueness, and prestige), it is unclear how the product meets their needs, why they would be considered the primary consumer group, and how they contribute to the product success. Clarifying this information would solidify the task response.

F1a. Tasks
The candidate includes an appropriate task for 0-1 of the identified strategies. The candidate includes an appropriate task for 2 of the identified strategies. Not applicable. The candidate includes an appropriate task for 3 of the identified strategies.
Criterion Score: 2.00
Comments on this criterion: It appears that one task for each element of the mix is provided. To fulfill this task aspect, a total of 12 tasks should be identified (3 for each marketing mix element). Please include additional tasks.

G1. Measuring Effectiveness
The candidate does not describe the specific actions that will be taken to measure the effectiveness of the plan. The candidate provides an imprecise description of the specific actions that will be taken to measure the effectiveness of the plan. The candidate provides a reasonable description of the specific actions that will be taken to measure the effectiveness of the plan. The candidate provides a precise description of the specific actions that will be taken to measure the effectiveness of the plan.
Criterion Score: 2.00
Comments on this criterion: General categories pertaining to each element of the mix are noted as areas to determine the effectiveness of the plan. Identifying specific activities and/or tools related to each area would more appropriately address the measurement consideration of this topic. For instance, rather than stating "engineering-product" it would be more effective to state the specific engineering activity related to the product that will help evaluate effectiveness (such as quality control or product design testing). Follow the same for each of the noted measurements.

Hi!

Hey, I know you said it was gonna take awhile on the other question, so don't feel like I am rushing you, because I am not. I just wanted to check in because justanswer closed both questions, so I wanted to be sure you got this msg and the other one, too.

THANKS!