Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

I have a quiz for a marketing class due in 2 1/2 hours NEED…

Customer Question
I have a quiz for...
I have a quiz for a marketing class due in 2 1/2 hours NEED HELP. Its 57 questions long
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
6/28/2010
Business Tutor: amandaredwine,
 replied 8 years ago
amandaredwine
Can you post the questions here?

Yeah I will do a few at a time

1) Predicting what types of bicycles different customers will want and deciding which of these customers the business will try to satisfy are activities a firm should do as part of

A.

Production.

B.

A command economy.

C.

Making goods or performing services.

D.

Marketing.

2) For Tesla, a new firm that makes an electric sports car, estimating how many competitors will make electric vehicles and what kinds they will make, is:

A.

One of the universal functions of innovation.

B.

A production activity.

C.

A part of marketing.

D.

An example of the micro-macro dilemma.

3) Which of the following statements best describes the modern view of marketing?

A.

The job of marketing is to get rid of whatever the company is producing.

B.

Marketing should take over production, accounting, and financial services within a firm.

C.

Marketing begins with anticipating potential customer needs.

D.

Marketing is concerned with generating a single exchange between a firm and a customer.

4) Which of the following statements regarding marketing strategies is FALSE?

A.

Developing successful marketing strategies does not need to be a hit-or-miss proposition.

B.

It is useful to think of the marketing strategy planning process as a narrowing-down process.

C.

These strategies must meet the needs of target customers, and a firm is likely to get a competitive advantage if it just meets needs in the same way as some other firm.

D.

These strategies require decisions about the specific customers the firm will target and the marketing mix the firm will develop to appeal to that target market.

5) To compete more successfully with its many competitors offering packaged cookies, Famous Amos added its own line of extra chunky premium cookies. This seems to be an effort at:

A.

Market development.

B.

Combination.

C.

Market penetration.

D.

Product development.

6) Professional Dental Supply has been successfully selling dental instruments to dentists for the past 20 years, and has developed strong customer relations. When looking for new marketing opportunities, Professional Dental Supply will most likely look first at

A.

Market development.

B.

Market penetration.

C.

Diversification.

D.

Product development.

7) Product is NOT concerned with:

A.

Wholesale price.

B.

Quality level.

C.

Branding.

D.

Packaging.

8) The four Ps of a marketing mix are:

A.

Product, Price, Promotion, and Profit

B.

Production, Personnel, Price, and Physical Distribution

C.

Promotion, Production, Price, and People

D.

Product, Place, Promotion, and Price

9) A firm's marketing mix decision areas would NOT include:

A.

Promotion

B.

People

C.

Product

D.

Price

10) A firm's decisions regarding channel type, market exposure, and kinds of intermediaries would fall under the marketing mix variable of

A.

Product.

B.

Place.

C.

Price.

D.

Promotion.

Business Tutor: amandaredwine,
 replied 8 years ago

Marketing isn't really my specialty, but I'll take a shot at the ones you've posted. If you'd rather go with another expert, I'm fine with that. Just let me know and I'll "Opt Out" so it's open to other experts.

A. Production.

B. A command economy.

C. Making goods or performing services.

XXXX D. Marketing.

A. One of the universal functions of innovation.

B. A production activity.

XXXXX C. A part of marketing.

D. An example of the micro-macro dilemma.

A. The job of marketing is to get rid of whatever the company is producing.

B. Marketing should take over production, accounting, and financial services within a firm.

XXXX C. Marketing begins with anticipating potential customer needs.

D. Marketing is concerned with generating a single exchange between a firm and a customer.

A. Developing successful marketing strategies does not need to be a hit-or-miss proposition.

B. It is useful to think of the marketing strategy planning process as a narrowing-down process.

XXXX C. These strategies must meet the needs of target customers, and a firm is likely to get a competitive advantage if it just meets needs in the same way as some other firm.

D. These strategies require decisions about the specific customers the firm will target and the marketing mix the firm will develop to appeal to that target market.

A. Market development.

B. Combination.

C. Market penetration.

XXXX D. Product development.

A. Market development.

B. Market penetration.

C. Diversification.

XXXX D. Product development.

7) Product is NOT concerned with:

XXXXX A. Wholesale price.

B. Quality level.

C. Branding.

D. Packaging.

8) The four Ps of a marketing mix are:

A. Product, Price, Promotion, and Profit

B. Production, Personnel, Price, and Physical Distribution

C. Promotion, Production, Price, and People

XXXX D. Product, Place, Promotion, and Price

A. Promotion

XXXXX B. People

C. Product

D. Price

A. Product.

XXXX B. Place.

C. Price.

D. Promotion.

Edited by AmandaRedwine on 6/28/2010 at 11:41 PM EST