Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

MINICASE GETTING OFF THE GROUND AT BOEING When the Boeing…

Customer Question
MINICASE GETTING OFF THE GROUND...
MINICASE GETTING OFF THE GROUND AT BOEING

When the Boeing Corporation announced its intention to build a new plane, the project was an enormous undertaking. Research and development had already begun two and a half years earlier, and Boeing had already spent $873 million. Aggregate development cost, disregarding the time value of money, was expected to be between $4 billion and $5 billion. Production facilities and personnel training would require an additional investment of $2.0 billion, and they would need $1.7 billion in working capital when deliveries began in six years. The following table shows projected future cash flows for the project at the time of Boeing’s announcement. Boeing’s cost of capital was 18%.

CASH FLOW PROJECTIONS FOR THE BOEING PROJECT (DOLLAR AMOUNTS IN MILLIONS)

QUESTIONS

1. Calculate the NPV, IRR, and payback for the project.

2. On the basis of your analysis, do you think Boeing should have continued with this project? Explain your reasoning.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
6/26/2010
Business Tutor: Steve, MBA replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, MBA

Hi there,

When do you need this by?

Steve

The end of the day. How long is it going to take for you to complete?
ASAP, really

Can you post the cashflow table in excel please?

Disregard Stephen, I got the answer.
Disregard Stephen, I will get the answer. I will do not want the question posted online. I would not be able to use the answer.