Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

The KnitWitt Corporation manufactures knitted shawls and scarves.

Customer Question
The company expects to incur...
The KnitWitt Corporation manufactures knitted shawls and scarves. The company expects to incur $1,500,000 in overhead costs during 2010. The following budget information is for 2010:

Shawls
Scarves
Total

Number of units expected to be produced
50,000
100,000
150,000

Direct labor hours
250,000
800,000
1,050,000

Machine hours
100,000
80,000
180,000

If the company uses direct labor hours as the cost driver, what amount of overhead cost will be allocated to Shawls?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Business Tutor: Steve, MBA replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, MBA

hi, is it possible to post this in table form?

ok

okay, as soon as you post the table I will answer it for you.

actually I think I have it fugured out, if you want to still post the table I will confirm.

shawls account for 250,000 of 1,050,000 total direct labor hours

250,000 / 1,050,000 = 23.81% of direct labor hours attributible to shawls

23.81% of $1,500,000 in overhead = $357,142.86 in overhead is allocated to shawls.

$357,142.86 / 50,000 = $7.14 attributed to each shawl

Please let me know if you have questions. Please press ACCEPT if satisfied.

Steve

PS, you can request me directly in the future by posting to me at this link:

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=26942375&FID=212

and say "FOR STEPHEN L ONLY" at the beginning of the post

Edited by Stephen L on 6/14/2010 at 6:43 AM EST
Steve
Steve, MBA

Thanks for accepting. please try my cusXXXXX XXXXXnk the next time you have a question, and be sure to say "FOR STEPHEN L ONLY" at the beggining of the post. I can usually turn questions around within a couple hours.

link: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=26942375&FID=212