Business and Finance Homework

Need finance homework help? Ask an Expert

How is the American society different today because of the…

Customer Question
How is the American society...
How is the American society different today because of the Holocaust.

In what ways, if any, did the Holocaust affect the international community?

Document at least three significant lessons you have learned from this event. Why are these lessons important?

How can you use these lessons as a citizen of America?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business and Finance Homework
Answered in 1 day by:
6/12/2010
Business Tutor: asciandwildlife,
 replied 8 years ago
asciandwildlife
I think American society is different today because of the holocaust. I think that the average person is more aware of their actions, and is able to respect one another's differences more so than before. I also think people can grasp the feelings of hardship and suffering, and how it is often unnecessary and unbelievably in-just. I think the international community was greatly affected, because those countries involved in supporting the holocaust feel shame and regret and are not as vocal in their political beliefs because of this. I think countries which fought against the holocaust are more vocal and have more national pride. I have learned many things from this event. I learned that history teaches us to learn from our mistakes, that people's opinions can be easily manipulated, and that respecting different cultures is necessary. These lessons are important because they are the fundamental values and actions that people believe in and partake in. I can use these lessons as a citizen of America by being a respectful person who listens to multiple perspectives of an issue, and remains true to my beliefs, and explains them to others, but does not force them upon others. Please click the green button so I receive credit for my work.