Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2000 Buick Century custom, 3.1L, replaced PCM that was

2000 Buick Century custom...

2000 Buick Century custom, 3.1L, replaced PCM that was pre-flashed. Security relearn done, no security light but says needs crankshaft position sensor relearn. All lights come on but when I turn the key everything shuts off power, no radio no lights no nothing. No crank no start no power until I release the key. Seems like security is still active but doesn’t say so. Could the relearn cause that or am I missing something.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the security light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

Security light is off

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2000 Buick Century?

139147

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Buick Buick Century Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Blue streak reman PCM and was flashed from them with the Vin, mileage and old pcm number

6/25/2022
Buick Mechanic: J Hall, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
J Hall
J Hall, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to try and assist you with this no power concern.  Can you tell me, please, exactly why you replaced the PCM?  And I would also like to know if you can tell me how old the battery is, please?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PCM replaced because of random engine misfire That occasionally showed on cylinder 1. Replaced everything including injector. Still a problem. Replaced PCM with new one and new code for the Crankshaft position sensor relearn shows up. Cant start the car to tell you if it fixes the issue. But I can put old Ecm in and starts right upBattery is new

So, it appears that the problem you are having is with the new PCM.  I can only suggest you contact the people you bought it from and have them make it right.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As far as I can tell there is no chip in my pcm. Can you think of anything else that would stop pcm from firing the engine? It unlocked the security so I know it's not the keyWould the crankshaft position relearn needed shut it down like that?

The problem is obviously something within the new PCM.  I really can't tell you anything more than that.  The company that sold that unit to you will have to explain it.  Since you can't perform a crank sensor relearn, that would not be your issue.  The new PCM is your issue.  Contact the company you bought it from and talk to them about it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok that's what I thought, thanks for your time. Just needed a second opinion

It has been my pleasure.  I'm sure they have a decent customer service department that can help you with this issue.  Good luck.  And thanks for using JustAnswer.

J Hall
J Hall, ASE Certified Technician