Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car is broken. Buick LaCrosse 2008. I tried to turn my…

Customer Question
My car is broken ...

My car is broken

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Buick LaCrosse 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried to turn my car on this morning and the accessory lights turned on, but no engine start

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The accessory lights on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Now the key is stuck in the ignition. We tried disconnecting the negative terminal. And tried to jump the battery.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Buick
5/29/2018
Buick Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

do you have a voltmeter?

I do not

disconnect the negative cable and remove your key from the ignition.

I did. Still can’t get the key out.
I did this twice.

can you shift out of park?

No I cannot

do you hear a click by the shift lever when you step on the brake pedal?

None. Only a click when I try to turn it over.
Everything is locked up

ok, you need a voltmeter at this point. there are voltages and grounds that need to checked. if you can not get one then you need to take it to a shop.

hows it going?