Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The manual says trunk release button is in the glove box but…

The manual says trunk...

The manual says trunk release button is in the glove box but I can't find it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

It's not stuck, I don't know where it is.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2008 buick lucerne

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?

I lost the remote and I need to open the trunk so I can go shopping. That is all I am doing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need to know where the button is.

4/2/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic

.

sorry about that...........
IF your Lucerne does NOT have the Switch in the Glove Box, your Lucerne should have the Rear Seat "Pass Thru"

Rear Seat Pass-Through
Your vehicle has a small door in the rear seat. This door allows you to access the trunk from inside the vehicle.
The rear seat armrest must be down for the pass-through door to open. To release the pass-through door, move the release lever up with your fingers. To close the door, raise it and push it until it latches.

Should be a "Emergency Release Handle" at the Trunk Lid

There is a glow-in-the-dark emergency trunk release handle located inside the trunk near the latch. This handle will glow following exposure to light. Pull the release handle to open the trunk from the inside.

Found the rear seat access, can't find the handle.

Handle should be located towards the rear near the Release Latch in center or on driver side of trunk
Buick does not show a picture of it

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.

.
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolved..
.