Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

OK in the morning when I go to work my 2000 Buick runs great…

Customer Question
Hi ,OK in the...

Hi ,OK in the morning when I go to work my 2000 Buick runs great ,untill it worms up then it takes off slow ,so I have to throw it into another gear then I throw it back to drive and it go' s untill I make a complete stop ,then I throw it into another gear to go .

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

77331& no tranny oil leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Buick?

Century

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just changed tranny oil & filter...took it to find out why engine light came on,they tested it & said that that the shift seleoid was bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I bought a sensor ,but idont have an idea where or how to about fixing it my self.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Buick
3/27/2018
Buick Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I agree it sounds like a symptom of a shift solenoid. Do you know what solenoid needed to be replaced or what code was?