Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2004 Buick Park Avenue is startimg, but won't keep

Hi! My 2004 Buick...

Hi! My 2004 Buick Park Avenue is startimg, but won't keep running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I just replaced both terminals and replaced the battery and alternator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Park Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just finished putting a new Idle Air Control Valve in, because I thought that might have been the issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, ma'am! That's it!

3/27/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

So it starts then instantly stalls? Is the check engine light or security indicator on?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It starts, then the engine power starts surging and dropping for a few seconds before it quits

Unplug the mass airflow sensor and let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It did. Do I plug it back in?

No, let me know if it runs with sensor unplugged. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It's running now, but the engine power is still fluctuating.

If that allowed it to keep running then that would mean the mass airflow sensor has probably failed. AT this point I'd recommend having diagnostic codes checked to see if any codes are showing up besides the mass airflow sensor if not replace the sensor. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees, thanks.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you for your time! Definitely 5 star assistance!

No problem, I'm happy to help. Make sure to let me know if you end up needing anything. Thanks again and have a good evening.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician