Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm thinking of buying my grand father's 2003 Buick Lasabre.

I'm thinking of buying...

I'm thinking of buying my grand father's 2003 Buick Lasabre. Overall its in good condition, regular serviced etc. However I do notice that the top of the dash seems to be misaligned and is separated a little. Looking at posts etc it seems that this is a failrly common issue with 2003 lasabres how serious is it? and is it too risky to buy it?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Well he is very old and he did not even notice it until I pointed it out. Looking at the top of the dash it looks like the middle section was not fitted in which is causing the gap

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I was not sure if buying it was a good idea i.e. is it relatively easy to fix or a major issue

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist. Please allow me a moment to gather some information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

As far as the dash, the cracking is a very common issue with GM products. it happens from heat over the years. it is not dangerous at all. you can have the dash pad replaced but it is a little pricey as you need to get it at the dealer, have it painted and then installed.

I would not consider this a deal breaker.

Roy

Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok great, is there anything else you think I should be on the look out for? Interior, exterior look good. I did notice the coolant seemed to have some rust in it. I can change it but was wondering if it had further implications re state of engine

I would take it to a shop and have them go over the car. look at the suspension, brakes and the engine, a compression test would be good to be sure there is no internal issues. it will cost you a bit but worth the piece of mind of the condition.

Roy

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks Roy very helpful!

your welcome

Roy Belding
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician