Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The battery is charged, but when the key is turned over the…

The battery is charged...

The battery is charged, but when the key is turned over the engine doesn't turn on or start

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Let me check really quick

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

Yes the steering wheel turns and the key is not damaged it's a 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried to jump it to see if that was the issue but it wasn't making battery sounds. The belts are all moving, there is no turn over right now if that helps we haven't started trying to fix it. It's had problems starting before but today it completely didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car was in a rear accident a week ago. The muffler is dented on the passenger side. But it's not turning over at all so I dont' think that's the cause

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have video of the front of the vehicle with the sound and of sitting in the drivers seat with the sound.
3/23/2018
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

you say the engine doesn't turn on, but is it cranking?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe so but the 1 2 3 4 5 number gauge thing isn't moving

ok, this is a simple question. when you try to start the car, does it sound like it normally does when starting the car except its not actually starting?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does the first part of the normal sound. but it doesn't catch and keep going. and the gauges don't move.

when you turn the key on,(not to start) can you hear the fuel pump running for a few seconds?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
theres no sound unless I turn the key all the way then it goes chechchechchechehcheh like sound.

have someone put their ear near the fuel door while you turn the key on. do not try to start it. just turn it to the on position and have them listen for the fuel pump running for a few seconds.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what would a fuel pump sound like.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is the fuel door where I put the gas in?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
https://www.facebook.com/joan.milich/videos/10211147462509044/ this is the sound. I can't figure out how to add it here.

the pump sounds like a small motor running. and yes it where you put the gas in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I couldnt hear anything there

did you have someone turn on the key while you listened?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just not all the way to the starting position.

ok if you did not hear anything then the fuel pump isnt working.

what model is your 2007 Buick?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rendevous, v6 3600 188000 miles, Buick rendevous CX 2007 3.5L inj 6 cyl FWD 4d UT

ok. standby please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
uploading photo of it

it looks ok. but I don't like how the legs look a little burnt though. try putting another fuse in its place

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
tryong that now

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn't change

ok, then the fuel pump needs replaced

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

you are very welcome and
Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thank you very much and please keep me posted.

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician