Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Power liftgate opens and closes sporadically and when

Customer Question
Power liftgate opens and...

Power liftgate opens and closes sporadically and when closing it jumps up and down a lot 2009 buick enclave cxl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?

Resetting the liftgate to factory default by turning key on and pressing and holding liftgate button for 5 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park. no i do not know. how can i find this out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just got new fobs and remote start clicks but doesn't work

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Buick
Answered in 1 day by:
3/23/2018
Buick Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago
Shawn Few

Hi , I see that your question has been sitting for a while and has not been answered ,I m sorry for your wait and I like to assist you on it , if you still have not had the issue resolved

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have niot had any response to my issues. Thanks
Buick Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

sorry for ur wait

There is Recall bulletin on this issue ,please click on link to view pdf file and see the issue and steps needed to repair it and read below also in case file did not open ,the dealer should fix for free,take it in ,they can run vin# ***** that recall been performed or not

2009 Buick Truck Enclave AWD

V6-3.6L

Recall 15V415000: Power Liftgate Control Module Update

• Vehicle
  • Body and Frame
  • Doors, Hood and Trunk
  • Technical Service Bulletins
  • Recalls and Campaigns
  • Recall 15V415000: Power Liftgate Control Module Update

REPORT RECEIPT DATE: June 30, 2015

NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 15V415000

COMPONENT(S): Structure

POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 686,287

ALL PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS RECALL:

VEHICLE MAKE MODEL MODEL YEAR(S)

Buick Enclave 2008-2012

Chevrolet Traverse 2009-2012

GMC Acadia 2007-2012

Saturn Outlook 2007-2010

DETAILS:

3 Associated Documents

MANUFACTURER: General Motors LLC.

SUMMARY:
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2008-2012 Buick Enclave vehicles manufactured January 3, 2007, to February 29, 2012, 2009-2012 Chevrolet Traverse vehicles manufactured July 6, 2008, to February 29, 2012, 2007-2012 GMC Acadia vehicles manufactured September 15, 2006, to February 29, 2012, and 2007-2010 Saturn Outlook vehicles manufactured August 17, 2006, to March 18, 2010. The affected vehicles, equipped with the power liftgate option, have gas struts that hold the power liftgate up when open. These struts may prematurely wear and the open liftgate may suddenly fall.

CONSEQUENCE:
If the open liftgate unexpectedly falls, it may strike a person, increasing their risk of injury.

REMEDY:
GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the power liftgate actuator motor control unit so that the motor will prevent the rapid closing of the lift gate, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-***-***-****, Chevrolet customer service at 1-***-***-****, GMC customer service at 1-***-***-****, and Saturn customer service at 1-***-***-****. GM's number for this recall is 15240.

NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), or go to www.safercar.gov.

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked with the GM dealer and they said all recall numbers are 5 digits only and didn't recognize this number. I checked the NHTSA website and they didn't show this number either. HELP!!!!
Buick Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

Well if you just google search : Recall 15v415000 you come up with this below

https://repairpal.com/recall/15V415000

So not sure why they telling you that ,this a not valid recall

this info is off my $300 monthly subscription and the manufacture website and I have replaced these parts for that reason you describing , if you call service department and supply vin # they can pull car record if this recall been done ,unless you car is not listed under the recall ,if lets stay it late production 08 , but you said u have an 09 and 09 are included .

that all I know to tell you that what they are saying does not match up .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is a 2009. I did call the dealer with the VIN and they were the ones that said there was a recall on the liftgate strut but not on the module. i didn't mean to infer you gave wrong information. I was just letting you know what the service department at Turner Chevrolet in Park Hills told me. i just wanted to pass all information on to you. Just really want the liftgate to work.
Buick Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

oh N​o worries, if the liftgate strut is not the issue then they have to check the software in it since the recall calss for module software update not replacement , if the module needs replaced then you will pay for the module

But the dealer how could he tell which is it with out having the car there to check is it strut, module software and / or module , module needs to be pin out to confirm what the issue is or it will be a guess at this point with out having that done ,but the area of trouble has to be in one of those 3 possibility based on what you describing .

I understand like this working and these are the steps needed to have it working ,unfortunately this not fuse or relay that can point out to you to replace , it will involve more testing so we are accurate and not throwing parts at it

Take it in and pay for correct diagnostic so it will work again correctly should be your next step

Buick Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 month ago

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few