Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to replace brake master cylinder. How do remove the…

Customer Question
Trying to replace brake...

Trying to replace brake master cylinder. How do remove the attachment part and reconnect it. Not sure what it’s called it’s the piece that connects to the master cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thank you

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Buick
3/18/2018
Buick Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

What year and model is your Buick? Thanks.

It’s actually a 1995 Chevy Cavalier but the assembly is same as the Buick

Give me a few minutes to pull up information. Thanks.

Ok.

You need to remove the plastic cover then there are bolts holding assembly to master cylinder. Here is information from manual. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j8a7l0jt7x9qkh/hda.pdf?dl=0

I remove and reattached the part. My concern is the gear shaft wheels. Is there something special I need to do after reassembling it?

I think you are fine just to put it back together. I have not swapped one out myself but I don't see anything that stands out in manual to be concerned about. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

It says to rotate gears counterclockwise to simplify bleeding but beyond that I don't see anything.

What is your advice to best bleed the brakes after I assemble?

I believe after you rotate the gears it causes abs actuators to stay open so you can do your standard bleed and be fine.

Buick Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.