Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 Buick lesurne ,tried to put car in gear and no luck.

2006 Buick lesurne ,tried...

2006 Buick lesurne ,tried to put car in gear and no luck. pressed brake no luck. removed console and manually able to change gears.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?

Power steering fluid and sorry trying to contact my son

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Buick?

Lucerne

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?

Milage is lower than what it should be .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/17/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.​ So I'm assuming vehicle not shifting out of park is issue? Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
even with foot on brake, no shifting

Thanks, ***** ***** a couple minutes to type up answer for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
currently I am not near the car. just trying to get some possible ideas for when I go there on sunday

The common problem is wiring going to the shift interlock solenoid. At solenoid the black wire should have ground at all times and the purple/white wire should have power when pressing brakes. If either is missing check for broken wires, if both are good replace the solenoid. Here is a picture of solenoid to help locate. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2u7oymh0o2qtp5/shiftinterlock.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't open file, keep getting error

What is your email? I can send it to you. Also make sure the yellow wire going to it has power with key on.

Email was sent, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** helps when I go there on Sunday

N​o problem, let me know if you end up needing anything Sunday. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was just going to ask you if I could contact you on Sunday.and I will rate your help at this time.

I appreciate the rating, make sure to let me know if you need anything. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will do and again thank you

N​o problem, I'll talk to you Sunday.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We found the broken red wire and connect it and have power, but still don't shift

Did you unplug solenoid and check blue wire for power while pressing brakes, yellow wire for voltage with key on, and black wire for ground?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just left my son house, and we did not check that secquence

Check those and let me know, thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do I send you a picture of solenoid?

You should be able to click on a paperclip icon which allows you to upload a picture. If you can't give me your email and I'll email you, then you can send me picture through email .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

I sent email.

What color are the wires going to it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the ones going to the circuit board attached to metal are red (fixed broken) green and black. and the wires going to bot***** ***** look dark

I think the 2 wire switch is a park switch which sends signal to the ignition lock cylinder letting it know it is in park which allows lock cylinder to turn. It is a yellow/brown and a purple/white wire. The green wire is for the reverse lockout solenoid which stops shifter from accidently going into reverse. So next thing you need to check is the purple wire for voltage with brakes pressed, yellow wire for voltage with key on, and black wire for ground at all times.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** check
that tomorrow and let you know

Sounds good, I'll talk to you then. thanks.

Dan, Technician