Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The low beams stopped working. High beams still work, bulbs…

Customer Question
The low beams stopped...

The low beams stopped working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

High beams still work, bulbs are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?

2012 Verano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Verano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the bulbs , they’re not blown.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Buick
3/14/2018
Buick Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 month ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, signal for the low beams starts at the headlamp switch and goes the to the body control module, then to the headlamps.

If you plan on doing the testing needed, you will need a voltmeter for this.

At BCM connector X1, you will check for power on pins 1 and 2, both yellow wires for power with lowbeams on and test for power on X1 connector pin 16, white with violet striped wire

If no power on pin 16, it is a bad headlamp switch

If power on pin 16 but no power on pins 1 and 2, it is a bad body control module

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager