Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 buick Rendezvous how many coolant bleader screws does…

2004 buick Rendezvous how many...
2004 buick Rendezvous how many coolant bleader screws does it have abd whats tge best way to bleed the air out of the coolant system
3/14/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

I​t has two bleeders, one on the thermostat housing and one on coolant pipe on front passenger side of engine. Run vehicle until it warms up then crack both bleeders and let it bleed until stream is steady. If coolant seems to spit out of bleeder then air is in the system. These vehicles are common for head gasket problems so if you can never seem to bleed all of the air out of system then your head gasket is probably leaking. My goa is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
If I take the radiator cap off the over flow tank will keep pouring into the radiator but if the radiator is low it will not go into the radiator

That is normal, it is only meant to go 1 way. When pressure increases it forces cap open allowing pressure to escape into overflow. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Do all system work like that and if it only works 1 way why is there normally a low and high level on the tank

There are coolant overflow tanks and coolant reservoirs. The reservoirs allow coolant to drain out as needed and on these systems vehicles do not have radiator caps. ON vehicles that have reservoirs with radiator caps the coolant can only go to the reservoir. I'm really not sure why there is a cool/hot level, never made much sense to me. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.