Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When I put it in reverse it's loud but when I put it back in…

When I put it...

When I put it in reverse it's loud but when I put it back in drive it's quite

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2004 Awd I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I went somewhere and they said it might be the flex rod, I haven't done anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well I just tried driving and the whole car it loud but I didn't see any holes in the muffler

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your MPG been lately?

196xxx

3/11/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

What model buick is this?

Rendezvous 2004

what engine is in that?

I don't know

so your not doing the work on this right you just want advice? Or should I say what are you looking to get out of this service?

I'm going to the car shop in the morning but I want to go to the right place. If it's the exhaust then I need to go somewhere that does that because not all mechanics/shops does that. If it's not the exhaust then I can get it told and fix now. I just want to be able to tell them what is wrong.

more then likely its the flex pipe and should be taken to a exhaust shop for repair, you can have a leak behind the mesh and not be able to see it

What would the leak be from if there is a leak

its normal wear and tear on a vehicle thats that high in mileage

that flex pipe can only take so much stress then they break

Is that a quick fix? Is that something that is really expensive to fix? How offen does it break?

very quick fix for a exhaust shop shouldn't cost more than 150 and you usually have to replace it once in the lifetime of that vehicle, if the motor mounts havent been done that would add to the stress and should be looked at as well for any signs of breaking

the flex rod can make the whole car sound like I need a muffler? Will it be a problem driving it to get it fix because it's so loud?

I dont know what the flex rod is, I think you mean the flex pipe and yes if the flex pipe is broken then that will make it sound like you need a muffler

Ok great, thank you

your very welcome,

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician