Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have to change water pump on my 08 lacrosse. I service all…

I have to change...

I have to change water pump on my 08 lacrosse

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

I service all of my cars and yes its been overheating

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is a bolt that is directly behind a pulley how do i get to that bolt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Seven bolts on the water pump the seventh is exactly behind a pulley how do i get to it

3/11/2018
Gary
Gary, Buick Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

you need to remove the 2 power steering pump bolts holding the pump to the front of the engine block

they are 13 MILL heads and you access them through the pulley hole openings then lay it aside to get that last waterpump bolt

if you have any questions please ask

please do not forget to rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask

Thank you everything seems to be working out

Ok where is the crank shafte sensor located

it is located under the front lower crank shaft pulley on the front of the timing cover

if you have any questions please ask

Whats it gonna take to remove and replace

you need to remove the front crank balancer and use a balancer removal tool with is specif to this car

basically a harmonic balancer puller

if you have any questions please ask

Thanks
I want be doing that today

Gary
Gary, Buick Technician