Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Have same problem as Greg wit removing washer arms. 1st.. Do

Have same problem as Greg wit removing washer arms. 1st.. Do the wiper blades have to be removed before the arm will come offm is there a trick to temocing the blades? 2nd do the wiper arm have to come off to get to the
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Yes. I am trying to get to the washer sprayer on the passenger side.

Hello, I am Randall. Year? model? engine? thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
1996 buick park avenue ultra v8 supercharged

so you are trying to clean or change a washer sprayer

I can not send repair information over the phone. I may have to send repair diagrams, Best to keep in chat for now so I asked...so you are trying to clean or change a washer sprayer

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Driver side sprays but weak. Other side does notb work. Do they have seperate pumps?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
SWELL! RANDALL MUST NOT BE THE REAL MECHANIC

They both go to the same pump. Both of the hose come together are connected by a T fitting then t fitting goes to pump. So if one side works but not other this would either mean hose is leaking, pinches, clogged, or nozzle is clogged. So disconnect the hose from passenger side to see if washer fluid comes out good if so nozzle is clogged. If not there is problem with hose between nozzle and T. Let me know how it goes or if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do i get to the t fitting moo

It is usually right by the fender, you will need to locate the hose leaving the nozzle and follow it to the T which could require removing wipers/panel under wipers or fender liner depending on T location. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's helpful. Now I have to remove wipers to remove panel covering sprayer. How do i get wippers off?

Give me a minute to double check, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Would you rather talk on the phone? I would.

If you want to we can but chat is a little easier for me since it gives me time to look up information if needed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok

Manual does not cover how to remove wiper arm on this vehicle but if you remove nut then pull wiper arm all the way up and pry back/fourth it should come loose. Here is a video that shows what you should do, let me know how it goes. Thanks. You may not need to remove wipers/cowl so make sure hose goes below cowl before attempting to remove.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BTQdl_YeGE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Video does not help because that id not the type of arm on my car i will attempt to send u a screen shot pf it

Sound good, send me a couple pictures if possible.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Never done that before
Did it work

Yes, it worked, give me a few minutes to look it over. Thanks.

I think there is a tab on wiper that you need to pull/pry out to pull wiper arm off, I circled tab in following picture. Let me know, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/njdri3p50p1ugr5/wiper.jpg?dl=0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have pulled on th tab but don't know if it is susposed to come all the way out or just part way so i dont know how much tork to apply on lifting the arm
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan. What is the cowlm

Pull out tabs on both side, they should come out maybe a half inch or so. Then you can pull wiper arm all the way up/black to rock it back/fourth so it can come off. The wiper cowl is the plastic trim cover under the wiper arms where the washer fluid hoses are. Let me know how it goes or if you have questions. My goal is to provide 5 star service so I'll be here until problem is figured out. Thanks.

H​ere is a video of the rocking I'm referring to, go about 2.30 minutes in.

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5kEr2yQGcM&t=241s

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. It's obvious we are not talking about the same car. I will try a little longer before givig up and taking car to buick dealer. Right now I have to go eat something because my blood sugar levels are off. Thanks for trying to help me.

I know video isn't the same car but you should still be able to get wipers of by rocking them will tab pulled out. let me know how it goes, thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dan. No luck. Apparently l am not strong enough or my technique is wrong. Car is my daughter's amd I ve given it all the time i can afford. Thanks again.

N​o problem, let me know if you decide to give it another shot. Chance thing I'd probably do is try a pry bar carfully otherwise this is about a $100 repair at a shop.

Dan, Technician
Experience: Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database