Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

My driver side window will not work any longer. can I

Customer Question
My driver side window...

My driver side window will not work any longer. can I convert it to a manual window

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

1998 buick regal 4 door

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a repair shop disable the electric regulator because none of the windows work any longer

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes. We have had problems for some time and the Chevy dealer says that we probably need a new body control module at a cost of almost $1,000.00

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just if we can convert the driver window to manual and leave the other windows inoperable

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Buick
1/18/2018
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Yes, you can convert to manual window but the cost would be around 150$ in parts and about 200$ in labor. If you just want working windows, we could bypass the electronics and get power and ground to the motors and switches another way, although the windows would also work when the car is off.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician