Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

No spark. 2004 redezvous 3.4. Replaced crank shaft postion…

2004 redezvous 3.4 Mechanic's...

2004 redezvous 3.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced crank shaft postion sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

No all the sudden it wouldnt start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Running great then no start

1/17/2018
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you changed the ignition module?

No i took it to advanced auto parts and they tested it and said that it was good I also took the coils up there and they tested each one of those and said they were low but they were still within range and my spark plugs are like toast they have never been changed I just got in the car

does it have injector pulse? testing the module at a parts store is a very inaccurate test are you 100 percent sure you have no spark? any diagnostic codes?

Well we checked it like multiple times you know what I'm saying to see if there was any spark and there's no spark the codes that is pulling our valve relay circuit malfunction, fuel pump primary circuit malfunction, exhaust gas recirculation sensor a circuit low, fuel level sensor a circuit high input, engine oil pressure sensor circuit malfunction, exhaust gas recirculation sensor a circuit low

sounds like a bunch of fuel pump codes are you sure the fuel pump didnt fail? are you grounding a plug or using a spark testing tool?

The spark plugs are really really bad. They need to be replaced and the spark plug wires have never been replaced the car's got 250,000 miles on it
I'm not sure if you will come failed I know I checked the fuel pump relay and my friend said that he can hear it clicking whenever I turn the key
Sorry if that didn't make sense
The spark we tried and we put a different spark plug on the wire turn the key grounded it and there was no spark also tried it with a screwdriver
But the spark plug that was in the engine that the wire was connected to is really bad I mean it's like a got a pointy tip on it like it's it's toasted so maybe that's why I don't know

if you sure its no spark plugs wires and module is where i would start...i find it off you have all fuel delivery codes... but the test for ignotion modules is inaccurate

Okay so you're saying I can't rely on whether they said it's good or not I just need to buy one and see if that's what it is I hate to do that cuz I don't got much money but I know that ain't your problem
Okay yeah that's pretty much what we had figured out you know what I'm saying I just got to start buying stuff and try and things right is there a way to see if the fuel pump is working

if you have a pick n pull junk yard near you may be a way to save a little money

Ok thanks

hope you can rate my service 5 star

Yeah I can do it for a small fee of $17

just the fee you originally agreed to

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know

john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Still no spark after i replaced the ignition control modual and all the coil. I checked the plug on the left side of the modual and i got ground but no voltage from the pink and black wire.

is ithe passlock light on by chance?

But i also checked all the fuses and relays and as far as i can tell they are all good. But my battery is brand new and it keeps draining way down when i try to start it. Could it be the camshaft position sensor
Yeah it starts flashing when i try to start it but my key doesnt have a chip

its in security mode try a 30 minute relearn you have a pass lock issue.. the chips was vats...newer cars are passlock

Whats a 30 min relearn
What does it mean when you say the chip is vats

you said the key does not have a chip....they got rid of the chip years prior..they called that system vats...(vehicle anti theft) the newer version which you have is passlock... your car has pass lock so you do not physically see a chip....

How do you do a 30 min relearn

the blinking security light tells me its stuck in theft mode so security relearn is step one

You must perform the relearn procedure manually.

Follow the directions EXACTLY as specified. If this does not work, you have further problems with the theft system.

30-MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE BATTERY FULLY CHARGED!!!

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes , the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes . The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
  6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password. IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

If you have access to the factory scantool you can perform a 10 minute relearn procedure.

Ok thank you so much
Ok in step 6 under important is it say after the 3 cycles before i go to turn it on i have to turn it off first? Or do i have to do it again right after it starts...if it starts?

yup off then crank it

Thanks again

did it start?

Ok i started the procedure but the little flashing key thing hasnt turned on only after i turn the key off it comes on now after 5 min or so. Thats really strange because it used to start flashing right away. Oh and when my start my car it does make a sound like duge duge duge duge
Like it is about to start
Now the little key flasher doesnt turn on until the door opens
No
i give up. Ttyl

if it sounds like its about to start that would mean it has spark?