Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When I start the car it stays as as I am pushing the gas but…

When I start the...

When I start the car it stays as long as I am pushing the gas but when I let off it dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes and it takes a minute to start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2003 Buick Regal LS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?

No and nothing-this just happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

1/17/2018
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

Is the check engine light on?

No

ok, then I am recommending that you clean the throttle plate on the throttle body, replace the spark plugs, clean the EGR valve out and clean the mass airflow sensor and idle air control valve. all of those get gunked up with carbon over time. take a can of carb cleaner, a small brush, and a rag.

Ok thank you.

do you need any of those components locations?

I wont be doing this myself. I have a friend who will do it .

ok, and this way, the only expense will be the new spark plugs and a can or carburetor cleaner. it should fix you right up

Thank you!!��

you're welcome and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thank you and please let me know how she runs afterward.