Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

IT MISSES AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON. MECHANIC HAS

IT MISSES AND CHECK...

IT MISSES AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON. MECHANIC HAS REPLACE 4 IGNITION COIL ALREADY, SEEMS TO WORK FOR AWHILE BUT NOW IT IS DOING IT AGAIN AFTER A FEW MONTHS. COULD THIS BE CARBON BUILD UP INSTEAD?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

IT BLINKS

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2009 ENCLAVE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?

I WOULD LIKE TO IF I CAN, I'VE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING YET

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2018
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Hello my name is***** you tell me if this happens intermittently?
it does
Hesitates too
Thank you. If it is intermittent then chances are it is a carbon issue or simply dirty injectors. I usually run a can of Seafoam through the intake to see if it helps and clean the injectors. Also, if the wrong spark plugs were used that can cause it also.
What do you think of running CRC thru the throttle body
That tends to work well also.
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Amedee
Amedee, Automotive Consultant
Phone call session started
No need to call
Sorry. The system automatically sends out call requests. If you need anything further please let me k ow.
Thanks. I’m going to try the carbon cleaning before I check another ignition coil.

Let me know if you need more help.