Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1992 buick park ave it cranks over fine. sometimes…

Customer Question
I have a 1992...

I have a 1992 buick park ave it cranks over fine. sometimes it wont start or dies whenever it feels like it . I have replaced the ign control module and coil. but it still starts when it wants and dies when it wants. any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I am way beyond that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '92 Buick?

Park ave 3.8 v-6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just told you i replaced the ignition module and coil

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It just seems like i am just changing parts and not fixing the problem when it dosent run or start there is no spark at the plugs not a fuel issue! it will start and run again as soon as it feels like it. and then strand me again as it allways does

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Buick
1/16/2018
Buick Mechanic: tim's auto repair, mechanic replied 7 months ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

doesit do this when the engine is hot or cold?or does it matter?

Doesnt matter

ok

when you replaced the coils...did you replace the module that the coils connect to?

are you there?