Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Buick

Where would you suggest getting a climate control part for a…

Where would you suggest...

Where would you suggest getting a climate control part for a 2002 buick park avenue (besides dealership)? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The reason why I am replacing it is because the rear defrots does not work and the air flow button does not change the different choices of air flow (front defrost, middle, or flow) it is stuck on the floor, and right now I need a front defrost - I live in KS where its freezing. So my question is would the mechanic think its the climate control part?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick Park Avenue. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No there is no more information that I can give the mechanic. Thanks

1/16/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic

Sorry for the delay....................

There are a number of ON-Line sellers
Local Salvage Yard

Many Salvage Yards have "Nation Wide Search", where they can locate & have it sent to them.
You need to know which Control Panel you have.
Here are Part Numbers;

Control Assembly
Dash Control Unit

Part Numbers:
Main Control
16202304

Passenger Control
25690875

AC Programmer(###) ###-####/p>

..
If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works,
You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping..
I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses..
Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issue is resolve

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I get all three parts: Main Control; Passenger; AC programmer or when I go to the salvage yard do I get all three when I take it from a car (salvage yard). Also which one of the three is usually the problem or goes bad. I tried to explain in my first question how it is acting up.
Thanks for your quick response.
Tim

The best thing , prior to replacing anything is to have the Heating / A/C scanned via GM Dealer Scan Tool or Equal to "pinpoint" the issue
This will tell you if it is the Control Head or the Programmer........
These Units work from "DATA" & is hard to test without Scan Tool
Some Auto Shops can test for less than Dealer

This sounds like a "Actuator", but Scan Tool is needed to Test that also

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** your help. I think I will have a GM dealer use the scan tool, so that I am not spending alot of time and $$$.
If I have a Dealer Scan it for me, then I can find the part myself. Thanks so much for your help. Tim
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The part Numbers you gave me are for my 2002 buick park avenue?

.

Correct, but it is always best to check with Dealer to verify in case GM changed.......as those are right out of GM Factory Service Manual

.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today.
Please reply and let me know why.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
.........................................................................

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Buick Mechanic