Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Computer getting engine overheating code temp.gage in cabin…

Computer getting engine overheating...

Computer getting engine overheating code temp.gage in cabin not working cooling fans being turned on ac turned off engine temp senor replaced condition returned engine light on. dealer suggests replace thermostat housing and thermostat.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Replaced and flushed by dealer with senor replacement

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2012 Lacrose 192k mileage

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No at dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

1/16/2018
Tracer
Tracer, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do you have the actual code number being set?

Not right off hand

I have to opt out, I do not have a code nor can I call at the moment

jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting with your question.

It sounds like the dealer has covered severely of the most common problems that can cause your problem. I believe replacing the thermostat and housing would be your next step, so i would have them do that. If the thermostat is not working correctly the sensor can not make the correct read and will cause overheating codes.

It is my goal to give you 5-star service, if I have done that please rate my service with a 5 star rating before leaving the site. You can always reply to me at this thread any time and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

I need a phone call how is the thermostat housing and thermostat connected to computer the temp sensor yes, but housing? can you describe how this works send a diagram

I am not in the position to be able to call right now, so I will opt out and another tech will be with you shortly.

The car is in the shop now need and answer this is a very exspensive repair over $200.00 spent their asking for another $350.00
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

P0128 trouble code

I see they flushed the cooling system and replaced the temp sensor. Have they verified an actual overheat problem or a sensor, wiring or PCM issue giving false readings, etc?

Thanks for that...

Daniel Wilson
Phone call session started

i left you a message with instructions and advice... The thermostat is a common cause for this fault. Usually it is sticking causing this issue

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson