Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My car turn over. There's battery power. It's a 2008 buick…

My car turn over...

My car turn over. There's battery power. It's a 2008 buick allure cxl

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I haven't done any of those things.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Allure yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything. I'm female with no male around. I just went to start it 20 minutes ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When I turn the key back to off position the lights flash

1/16/2018
Pete, Buick Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the starter not engaging to crank over the engine at all with this issue here?

Is this the exterior and interior lights that are flashing causing this fault here?

Let me know, thanks, Pete.

When I turn the key it just clicks. Interior and exterior lights work. Just headlights flash

O.k., even though it has voltage/power to turn on electronics the lights flashing and the clicking noise from here indicate to me that the battery is weak.The battery can send out voltage but may not send out any amperage or the correct amperage and causes this fault.This was a common issue with a weak battery.What I would do first here is see if you can obtain a jump start from a friend or neighbor or an AAA company to see if it starts then.If it does then leave it running for an hour or more and drive it to a local parts store and have them test the battery.They will test it free of charge.If the battery is bad they will tell you and they can sell you a battery and in most cases will install the battery right there in their parking lot at no charge to you.

If the battery tests good then it just needs to be recharged and can be done with a battery charger hooked up to it or running the engine over 2 hours or driving it over 2 hours to recharge it.

If the battery is o.k. to where a jump start does not work and you have the clicking noise when trying to start this can also be the starter itself that has failed.It will cause this noise you hear as well as a no start and would need to be replaced.You would have to have a shop or dealer test this to see if for sure it needs to be replaced.

In most cases though with what you have described it is the battery itself needing a jump start and either a recharge or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Buick Technician
Thank you Pete. You were very helpful

Your welcome

I did not agree to a membership with justanswer and I feel you did not act with integrity by billing my credit card.
Please send me an email showing I agreed to a membership if you have one.Shirley Staples

Hi again Shirley

Unfortunately, billing is not my area.I am only here to help you with the vehicle question but the link below will direct you to customer care where they can assist you with this.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete