Buick

Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 allure. ever had it go forward when in reverse and go…

Customer Question
2008 allure . ever...

2008 allure . ever had it go forward when in reverse and go in reverse when put in drive ? Shut off ignition for a minute and restart and trans goes forward in drive and reverse in reverse like it's supposed to. CK

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery lately?

This is my parents car so cant say for sure. This problem happened last October and again 2 times this January. Going to a GM garage tomorrow. Is trans linkage mechanical ie a rod type linkage or is it all electronic. Has a console type shift lever.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Allure yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's going to GM garage tomorrow. Not sure where to start. I haven't put it on hoist to look yet. Like I said it's my parents car so haven't had much to do with it .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Buick
1/16/2018
Buick Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This issue normally is caused by a shift linkage adjustment issue. In this case, it seems more so related to a shift cable bracket loose which holds the cable in place.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician